How do you feel about dating a guy or girl who has kids? For people ages 18 - 25?

I'm curious of this because I see girls getting pregnant all around me! It's crazy! Babies are multiplying like the gremlins popped up on that movie with Gismo! It's overwhelming! I can't believe all of the girls who have gotten knocked up so young. We've all barely lived yet, just hardly 20 and they're already getting pregnant. Would you think it's a hassle or overwhelming?

I listed that specific age range because 18 seems like an age where most people are mature enough to realize the harsh reality of having kids so young and to fully understand the complexity of dating someone with kids. The age 25 seems like a pretty mature age where people may be more open and accepting to dating someone with kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't date women with kids. I've had a few girls that had kids show interest in the past. This one women last year was 32 and had two young kids. We spent some time together studying throughout the semester and getting to know each other. We had a few lunch dates/hangout kind of thing. She came onto me pretty heavily and we talked for about 3 months. I'll say for the most part she played less games then a lot of girls do. She was mature, she showed interest and worked towards winning my favor, she was pretty good looking Spanish woman, relatively smart, and seemed to have a good heart. I considered dating her and breaking my rule, but knew it could never really go anywhere. The kids always were her priority, she would be late for study dates because of them, she would get interrupted with phone calls from them, and a mother should do that. That is what I expect her to do. That makes it hard for her to be a dating adult and devote the time necessary to building a relationship. It would always be an issue to get a baby sitter to watch them, she would always need to come to my place, the drama of the babies daddy coming into play is not something I want to deal with, and so on. Those are not my kids, they are not my responsibility. It might be selfish to write her off for that, but I wasn't bringing any burden like that to the relationship. There was a certain desperation I could sense in her. I could tell she just wanted someone to give her a chance. I know it's hard for single mothers. I'm just not the man to step into a mess like that.

What Guys Said 3

• As long as they put the kid first I'd not have much problem with it. Though at first she shouldn't expect me to look after it.

• i wouldn't bother even if she didn't expect me to have anything to do with the kid. I'm too young to deal with it right now and I'd still feel obligated within myself to want to do for the child even if it's not mine

• It would put me off 99.9% of the time :/

What Girls Said 1

• I don't mind that because I love kids, people always have their past. If your really in love surely you have to accept with their past even the worst as long as everything going better and know where your relationship going, I'm not being hypocrite here but seriously people need to respect each other.