How do you respond?

You've sold your car, packed up your apartment, got a place waiting for you in another state and an attractive girl/guy you know tells you they like you before you go. How do you respond?

I'm in this situation at the moment and curious how other people would react.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. If I liked them as well, I would try a long distance thing first, making a few regular trips back and forth to see one another to see how it works out. If it seemed it would work out well and you became serious, then, if one or both of you were free to move, you could move closer to/in with one another and take it from there.

If I didn't have any particular feelings for them, I would probably just give my sympathies but accept that it was bad timing.

In all honesty, though, my first reaction unless I really, really liked them would be to just turn them down. Moving is hard and long distance relationships are harder. The hassle of trying to maintain such a relationship even if you really liked each other is enough to break up many good couples. It's sad, but ultimately often better for both people.

What Guys Said 4

• i stick to my plan and take off. there will be other people wherever I'm going.

• I'd befriend them but still go. Attraction happens everywhere, perhaps later on a relationship could happen but there's no reason you should drop everything and stay unless you have history with the individual.

• "You had your chance, sorry but I can't put my life on hold like that"

• i take her hand and beg her to come with me. BABY PLEASE!?

What Girls Said 1

• leave