Why do girls give other women bad dating advice?

After reading a lot of women responses it seems that women generally like to tell other women to ignore a man until they wanna talk to you... This is silly and leads to men thinking your not interested and then we move on... I believe women are sabotaging themselves and making guys feel crappy

Most Helpful Girl

• Great question! *****

Generally, I don't think women SPECIFICALLY set out to give bad dating advice. Women simply don't quite "get" the bro code, so our ability to decipher what you guys want or need from us at any given moment has to go to the Grand Council for assessment and ratification -- AKA, Girls' Night Out with Mojitos and Cosmos. (Ahem, while the friends lend support, be assured that the beverages don't foster the ability to obtain fantastic advice.)

In some very specific cases (where self-serving b*tchy persons are concerned), bad advice is specifically given to impede a girl's access to a particular guy. The advisor may have earmarked the guy for herself, or has some desire for her female friend, which means she sees the guys as competition for the attention and affection of the advisee. (I've seen both scenarios and the outcomes of such applied sabotage just ain't pretty.)

Online, of course, the rule of thumb is to SEARCH for answers till you find one that makes sense. If a person offers an answer in which you're not interested, you just ignore it (like the guy/girl who doesn't pique your interest, lol).

The advice to "ignore" a guy isn't quite accurate. But watch your guy friends the next time you're out and you'll notice that the girls who attract their attention are the ones who *know* how to "ignore" them in a flirtatious way, looking for a sec, then looking away, engaged in conversation, etc., dancing, then looking back to see if he's noticed her, then smiling and "ignoring" him again. That's the thing they're most likely talking about. It's not the same as giving the guy the cold shoulder, which indicates distinct disinterest...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• you have a great point, most women really don't know what the hell they are talking about when it regards to men.

"50 ways to please your man" I call BS, just only 5, don't nag, don't talk so much, make love with him and leave him the f*** alone when he's watching sports or TV. I will guarantee your relationship will be amazing in his eyes.

Some do know what they are talking about, like my mother or other older females who are at least 35 and up, because they have experienced it and witnessed a lot of dating situations through out their lives. I'm not saying anyone under 35 years can't give any advice to save their lives, but majority of the time they are just spewing out nonsense more then anything realistic. To figure out men only requires only common sense, not advanced equations/ formulas or rocket science, just pure common sense.

• Women are in a never ending competition against other women. They sabotage each other and lie to each other as a matter of course. Especially if there's a man involved.

• I really haven't noticed this. I do see a lot of women give guys bad advice. In many cases they give guys false hope, when its clear the relationship is about over.Women are very good at contradicting themselves when talking about how they like a guy to behave. For example...logically they think they want a guy to chase them...but emotionaly (deep down inside) they are more attracted to a guy who is a challenge. Most will never admit this.

• women think playing hard to get makes a man want them even more but I assume you are like me and were told NO means NO so I back off when a woman is not interested in me.

• That's interesting. If that's true, their advice is pretty much useless. I mean, if they are sabotaging other girls, that's bad advice, and I think we all know that the best advice a guy on relationship type stuff is going to be from other guys. Guys attract girls, so they are more qualified to give that advice.

• I agree with this. I found out in a past unrelated question that girls don't want to date guys who smell/act like girls but that is the type of advice girls give other girls so it does not really work.