Is it my duty to pay for both of us?

I am going on a date ,with a girl, in the cinema, should I pay for both of us? If I do, this thing is gona cost me more than 100$ most expensive date ever. fml. its easier to hire a hooker.

ok people, it costs that much because we live far away from each other, and I am a gentleman so we must make it in her city
i just talked with her, she was the one who suggested we go together so I said date or just friends and she replied Just a friendly trip to the movies :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be gentleman like for you to pay for her and secretly I suspect she expects that you will pay for her, however she may offer to pay for herself and if you feel like that's necessary then that's your choice but typically, girls do seem to expect for a guy to pay out of courtesy.

What Girls Said 6

• Did you invite her to go to the movies with you?

If you did, then you should pay for her.

Why would it cost $100 to go to a cinema?

What the hell are you buying? The theatres itself?

• Well if its going to cost you $100 including traveling and movie costs then you should postpone the date. Do you really want to empty your pockets? especially not knowing that a second date is guaranteed. This is just bad timing, wait until you have enough money to make a move like this. I'm sure she will be disappointed but understand.

• why don't you just go on a cheaper date? I don't know how going to the movies is over $100 but maybe just pick something else to do

• If you really like her & this is a first date or something, then yeah. You want to make a good impression. Lol, it's a lot but it'll probably worth it in the end.

• Uh, is this your first date? It doesn't cost $100

For some reason I feel like this is a troll post just to complain about paying for the first date

• not a troll this one, it costs that much because I don't live in her city and since I am a gentleman, there you go. now please answer my question, should I pay for both of us?

• mostly travel money...oh wait f*** I calculated wrong its 60 not 100, but its 100 in my currency

• Then it's your responsibility to pay for yourself. Is she aware of the costs? Cause it'd be common sense for her to pick up her own tab

• How is it going to cost you more than $100 just to go to the cimema?

Yes, pay for you and her.

Sheesh, you shouldn't be taking girls out if a $100 is too much for you.

• it costs that much because I don't live in her city and since I am a gentleman, there you go. at the moment I am on very tight budget, its not really time to date, but what can you do when love takes over, right?

• A $100 isn't that much to be honest.

• I'll never spend $100 on a girl unless she's a sure thing

• I thin if you invited her on a date you should pay. I would expect a guys to but I would bring money myself just in case, better safe than sorry.

What Guys Said 3

• Interestingly, for me alone, in my own city, I used to spend about $100 on a simple day around town. I would wind up with nothing to show for it except for memories of a cool movie and MAYBE a new t-shirt.

Do not ask me how that used to happen.

But seriously, in answer to your question, do it if you've already promised it to her. But in the future, Find something else to do for less money.

• @2nd update: You shouldn't have asked her that.

• i think I had to because we met on a dating site, and she doesent even know I look like yet (havent posted a picture) I don't know her name, etc. I dint want to be used just for a free movie ticket :P

• In that case, good call.

• What kind of theater costs over $100 dollars lol

• where the f*** are you going that costs $100? you need to learn how to be more frugal