What's your idea of the perfect first date?

Is it cliche? Original? Quirky? Cool? Romantic? Laid back?

Most Helpful Guy

• I might be out of your selected date range, but everyone has an opinion, right?

I would arrive at her home to spend some time with family or roommates, chit chat that leads to a bevy of suggestions as to what to do next, along the lines of a previous converstion(s), expected some surprise additions of hers. Perhaps a cocktail then out to explore our options with backup plans in hand. Even though some transportation is expected, walking/talking will be featured, perhaps dining at any level that leads to great music we agree upon & dancing. Most strolling & nature appreciation, a kiss leads us back to her home and some late tet-a-tet nightcap ... perhaps even smooching ... as far as she feels comfortable.

What Guys Said 6

• She actually says yes, shows up for the date and doesn't leave the moment she arrives!

• sounds like you've had some rough luck

• Wow, she left within' 24 seconds?

• Yep, give or take a few seconds. Even the waitress didn't have a chance to ask if she wanted anything. I really vented after that, almost glad I didn't bring the Glock with me. I would have been happy to have killed that witch to martyr myself and save other men from such pain. Thankfully, we have Canada as an alternative

• I like a romantic restaurant date. I wouldn't know how to set up a Laid back date but it sounds like fun.

• well, like for example, my idea of a perfect first date would be riding backroads and drinking beer. I'm not into all the wining and dining and cliched candle-light and roses. I want to hop in a guy's truck, drink some beer with him, listen to awesome music, and end the night by stargazing. THAT is my ultimate perfect first date. and if any guy ever did that for me, I'd know he was the one.

• that's pretty cool(other than the drinking bit). I wouldn't go all out with wine and candles just out to a nice place to eat and perhaps see a movie after than walk her home.

• As long as it is the perfect girl it doesn't matter what you're actually doing. It could be fishing for all I care. Likewise, if it's not the right girl, it could be slow dancing at a Hawaiian sunset and still not be romantic.

• Hey...I met a girl online that said if a guy would take her fishing...she would be their huckleberry...and fall in love. She had other requirements too. Nobody likes fishing more than me...but I wouldn't want to do it on a first date! The only exception would be this girl I mentioned.

• Dubai in the fall... Stay at the Burj Al Arab... Visit Palm Island... Go to Ski Dubai and Wild Wadi.

• It's not cancelled, lol.

• between being cancelled or just blowing you off every weekend you try to call after they said they would go out with you is kinda close to the same thing in my mind. (happened to me before)

• Oh yeah, those were the days, kairon.

• Marine drive ??

What Girls Said 5

• Skydiving!

Go to a local fair, carnival if there's any.

I live about 20 minutes away from a city near me and downtown, they have a market flea. Good place to walk around. It has a good atmosphere.

Star gazing is nice too, in a local park. Have some snacks too.

Fishing is nice, I enjoy that.. First date, second date..

Cliff diving..

Water balloon fights.

Go to a buffet and be fat asses.

Those are just some things I'd like to do.

Perhaps, a sporting event, if he's into that..

• Unpredictable, exciting, and adventurous with non-stop smiles!

• I think the realllly romantic dates are best for two people who have already established a solid connection

• Sporty. Snowboarding, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, stuff along those lines.

• Something relaxed and romantic. Casual and laid back but not like grungy or boring!

• the perfect first date...isn't about the place but it's about the connection I have with the person. to me a first date isn't such a big deal, I actually prefer something like coffee where we can just talk. something casual where you can just get to know each other and see if you can really enjoy each others company without some fancy activities.

my best first date so far was at a small coffee shop near work and we took a walk after. it was nothing special at all but we had a good connection and we've been dating for weeks now so I would say that was my best and most successful first date.

Also, not getting physical too fast is important. The guy and I had just met so we didn't even touch on the first date, just spoke. On the second date we kissed, we've had 7 dates now and haven't slept together yet, just made out and some light groping.