Girls would you not date a guy who wears Uggs and is it really so bad?

I am a guy who wears them and I do not know what the big deal is. I wear them in fall Winter and sometimes spring , and I wear them with my pants tucked in (not sure if that matters). They were originally men's boots. Just because women started wearing them does not make them girlie all of the sudden. Plus they are so warm and comfy. And if girls wear masculine shoes like Jordan's or those manly Timberland boots, I do not see what's wrong with guys wearing something originally made for men.

Also Uggs are not feminine looking. They are Ugly and make girls feet and thighs look big. They look like Viking boots. all those are masculine traits. I never associated them with being feminine looking. I don't understand how people think they make a guy look gay or a girlie because they are not girlie looking. I personally think Uggs are Ugly but nothing beats their comfort.

I have heard some girls say they could never date a guy who wore Uggs. Girls could you really not date someone for their footwear. That is so crazy to me. Also is it an instant turn off if a guy does wear them. Everyone should be able to enjoy the comfort of Uggs. I'm not a Metro Sexual guy or a guy into Fashion I just like Uggs.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you admit that they are ugly, why are you wearing them. I also think that they are ugly. Honestly, there are women who would date you if you wore uggs. Personally, I wouldn't date nor talk to a guy who wore uggs. Esp tucked in. I'm in the the masculine man. I do think when you wear them makes a difference. Like if your wearing them in the snow or extreme cold. But not like normally. If you tuck your pants in you could easily be mistaken for gay in my book. I live in Los Angeles, and unfortunately, men don't wear Uggs over here.

But hey fashion is being creative and breaking the rules. Look at rockers, they are attractive (not how they look) but how they act. They wear what they want and women flock.

• I do dress masculine, and I don't wear Uggs in the summer. I wear them cuase they are warm and cofortable, and I actually think Uggs are more masculine then feminine. They look like viking boots, and make yor thigns and feet look bigger. The design is not feminine. I am not a metro guy at all.

• I have never even been called gay, or had problems with wearing Uggs. Some other guys actually wear Uggs in the NorthEast. But honeslty I have never cared what people think of me, maybe that is a bad thing lol, but I don't care.

Let me ask this, if you lived in the North and saw a guy who only wore Uggs when it was cold, and not in Summer, and was not Metro, knowing that would you not talk to him, or date him.

• I would date a guy and be interested in a guy if he wore Uggs when it was appropriate to wear them. Even in la (lets say big bear where it snows) I would date a guy if I saw them wearing Uggs.Maybe its just where I live that straight guys don't wear it IF IT IS NOT COLD. The gay ones wear it all season long...like women do. But wearing them when its cold is NOT a problem. I wouldn't even notice. Its stupiid people would think that if it is cold. What are you supposed to wear when its 0 degrees!

What Girls Said 14

• Super turn off. I never knew they were originally guys shoes. A lot of girls don't know that. And even if that is the case, it wouldn't matter, it's not gonna change the way we see them.

It's like a guy wearing Toms. It's just weird.

It's true, if we went back in time when they were first introduced, they wouldn't look like something meant for women at all. But now they are definitely considered a girls shoe.

I don't wear them myself, I personally don't think they look too hot on anyone.

When you don't someone, you judge them on their appearance. When a girl sees Uggs on a guys. they're most likely going to turn the other way, or ask why you're wearing them.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to bash on your style or anything... But only a specific kind of girl would be really okay with that.

• For me Uggs are not style, it's comfort and warmth. I don't dress for style, I wear T-shirts and jenas and hoodies. I dress more like a hick actually. I just got Uggs as a preasnt once fell in love with their comfort. I do think they are ugly. I just don't like that someone would not date me for my shoes. I think that is so shallow and close minded. I never saw footwear as style, I don't even have dress shoes.

And would you not date a guy if he wore Uggs.

• I would never wear Uggs if I was going somewhere to impress a girl. I do wear them everyday in fall and winter, even when I go to college. I live up North and we get very cold winters, so Uggs are perfect. I love them they are like slippers and they keep your feet warm. I just feel like I should be able to stay warm and comfy when it is 10 degress out and not be judged because of my shoes. I hate how Uggs look, but in Winter it's about comfort over looks. I never wear them in summer.

• Well I'm sure things are different from where I live(Dallas) and up in the North where you live.. Fashion is worth the pain for most of us... Down here, you'd never catch a guy wearing Uggs no matter what the temperature... Down here, a guy would get bullied for wearing them. Sometimes girls are made fun of for wearing them... Places are just different. You're right, a person shouldn't be judged on their shoes, but you wanted an answer and you get them :P If you have no one to impress, wear what

• I probably would not initially be attracted to a guy in a pair of women's shoes (I don't care what you say, they're mainly worn by women, so I think of them as women's shoes), which would significantly decrease the chances of me ever dating you.

But I wouldn't necessarily call it a deal breaker. If I liked him, I would date him no matter how stupid his shoes are.

• I don't like Uggs and I definitely don't want my man wearing them.

• Plus if a woman truly liked you...the shoes you wear are not important. Those things can be changed

• well it does look gay and cute at the same time..

but I will never date a guy who wear uggs it just doesn't look manly AT ALL regardless to how pretty or ugly uggs look like

• A guys fashion sense is not a big deal, so I would not mind dating a guy who wore Uggs

• i wouldn't date a guy who I could trade shoes/boots with.

• Its not a deal breaker, it just no guys really wear them. But they're so comfyy

• i've never seen a man in Uggs before but the footwear doesn't define you, and they sure are comfy :) if they really like you they won't care about the shoes you wear.

• i wouldn't date a guy that wore uggs because

as you say that it was made for males maybe it was made for men I think it looks girlie that's why girls started wearing them

but that is only my opinion

• I really could not care less if you wear Uggs. That's just me. Whatever floats your boat.

• I'd never date a guy that wore uggs. Sorry.

• Lol uhh no. I'd never date a guy who wore uggs. I like the others girls comment on lace, I completely agree. Uggs on a guy do not look attractive at all.

• Sorry, but make all the statements you want in favor of you wearing Uggs, it still won't make it okay. A girl wearing something masculine can be cute, a guy wearing something that is identified as a chick thing, not a good look. I mean, hey, whose to say lace is just for girls but try adding lace details to a guy's shirt and you will just look ridiculous.

• i don't get why girls can wear men's clothes but guys cannot wear Uggs which were invented for men. that double standard bothrers me. If guys can't wear something made for them, then girls should only wear dresses and skirts.

• LIfe is all about things that may not work for any one person. Get over it. So, since your apparent goal is to change the world, not learn anything from this post, wear Uggs. Go for it. Enjoy.

What Guys Said 2

• The only guys I've ever saw wearing uggs and further more tucking them in, were gay. And yes I know for a fact that they were. Just saying.

I wear boots all year round and love them, but their the regular, brown leather, combat/worker, type boots. The kind you similar to the type of stuff you might see a guy where while riding a motor cycle. Sorta like this link

• The "big deal" about Uggs is that many people don't actually realize that it's a very large company that makes a vast amount of various footwear for both men and women. The typical 'hideous" Uggs people always complain about represents a very small portion of the companies products.