First date tomorrow... problems!

Tomorrow I will take a girl I like on our first date. I'm gonna take her to a bar to have a drink and then maybe walk, go and see a bookstore and all to talk about what we like then walk on the beach etc.

Unfortunately, there's something I hadn't thought about. A bar, at 7 on a Friday night? I went there and asked the bartender if it would be crowded and she told me yeah it should be. I asked if it was possible to book two seats but she told me that they didn't take reservations and that we should arrive ten minutes early. So what do I do? If we arrive and there are no seats available, I will look so stupid...

Also, we barely know each other, but she told me she hates walking because it makes her tired. Unfortunately I have no car... Should we take the bus together at the end of the date or take a cab?

Finally, we really only talked to each other for real once and then a few times on messenger. I really think she likes me. Should I kiss her at the end of the date? Or do you think it's too soon? By the way she is from China and I am from France.

Thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• The bar is a good way to loosen up, especially if it IS busy. With lots of people around you there will be plenty to talk about. I would recommend taking a cab somewhere after the bar. It's more personal, and classier than the bus. Plus, you can get some alone time together. I say that you should at least kiss her on the cheek, unless the date went badly. If things went very well, and there was continuous eye-contact throughout the night, go for the lips. Good luck. Have fun.

What Guys Said 1

• "Finally, we really only talked to each other for real once and then a few times on messenger. I really think she likes me. Should I kiss her at the end of the date? Or do you think it's too soon? By the way she is from China and I am from France."

Whoa whoa, calm down don't pyche yourself out. I wouldn't take her to a bar especially if it's going to be noisy and distracting.

The best place to go for two people who don't know each other is dinner. You both know how to participate, it's enjoyable, a casual level of intimacy and the best thing, it'll only last 30 minutes to an hour.

If you take her the beach, there's this added pressure of romance which can be awkward. If the two of you like each other, their will be plent of future oppurtunities for those types of dates and outings.

• You think having dinner is less romantic than going to a bar or walking along the beach at night... ? anyway, she doesn't eat out because she said she only likes the type of chinese food she can find at home and it's not the chinese food they have in restaurants around her so she usually cooks. what do you have against the bar thing? I feel like it's casual, there won't be alcohol involved (we're both under 21), the place is really nice, full of colors, lights, good music, it's in a trendy area.

• I have nothing against the bar thing, it sounded like a dive bar or maybe a place where it's loud and difficult to conversate.

Given the new info on her food taste, a bar sounds like a better idea. Good luck.

• Thanks!