Do you check people out or investigate their background if you ar interested, before you try to meet them?

Or do you just fly blind and hang out with them at the first opportunity?

Please rate this fascinating question!

Most Helpful Girl

• if would - if I have certain informations about him - why not? I know probably it will b less attached to the person I'm going to meet up, I mean what if you found his Facebook or like dating site he flirts around or maybe he is in a relationship with someone or maybe even have kids etc - I think its just stop wasting each other time - I've met someone just saying he was single and asking me for a date, he was super cute! etc, and I was going to add his fb turn out saw that he has kids and with his girlfriend /wife cuddle pic as a profile pic! what a d***! I really tell him off like.. .comeone... be adult.. its no harm saying you are not single... just wasting my time

What Girls Said 5

• You mean like a cyber-buddy that you've never met irl, but talk to on IMs?

I spend A LOT of time talking to them and getting to know them before I decide to meet them. I spend one or more years talking to them online, and once I've seen pictures, heard them over voice, seen them on video chat, maybe even chat with their friends and family, I may decide to plan a trip to their state, or let them plan one to mine with the expectation that they can provide themselves with their own hotel room.

• Very cautious..wise!

• yes definitely!

I once had a good e-buddy who we all thought was a girl named Jenna.

after a couple of years, it was revealed that she was really a guy named Paul.

'Jenna' lived in the same state as me, and talked a lot about meeting up and hanging out. That was all so creepy after I learned the truth, lol

• Yes the state of Connecticut has a site that shows criminal background and pending court cases. I know it may be creepy but I do online dating and I want to know who I am going out with before I meet the men. I also found that some men who are online are creepy and this is a good way to see if they are involved in criminal activity.

• I would not even be interested in meeting them if I met them online, they would just be online friends only.

• Yes, I ask friends if they know anything about them; I hate going into a one-on-one situation without knowing something about the person.

• Yes I do

What Guys Said 2

• No, because my interest in a person's credibility starts after I meet them. There's no use of spending time, money, and resources on a person that I'm not interested in(whether it be professionally or personally).

• wow, freak! don't be a stalker or wierdo, use this thing called your intuition instead! looking up someones background already presupposes a lack of trust, so your gonna ruin anything potential