We went on a first date, how do I proceed?

Okay, so some background: I've liked him since September, and I thought he liked me too, the signs were all there for a long time. And he has known that I like him for a long time, because our mutual friends never let him forget it, they always make jokes about it to me and him both. He asked me to his fraternity's formal two months ahead of time, and we went to it at the end of March and had tons of fun, lots of chemistry. I mean at one point, in his car, One Direction's song "What Makes You Beautiful" was playing and he turned to me and said to me, right along with the lyrics, "You don't know you're beautiful."

Anyways, a few weeks later, I got the courage to ask him out on a date, and he said yes! We went mini-golfing and to get ice cream, and we had a lot of fun, he even said so himself! Well that was a few weeks ago, but our semester at school ended so I had to leave and come home, and I'm now two hours away from him. We haven't discussed the date or anything and I texted him two days later saying I had a wonderful time and would love to do it again sometime. He never answered...but he hardly ever answers anyone's texts. But anyway, we've barely talked since the date because of finals and me coming home, and neither of us have ever been big on texting one another or anything. But I don't want to let this go, I'm crazy about him and everyone I've talked to about it seems to think he's just really shy when it comes to dating/romance, and that he really does like me, but he either hasn't come to terms with his feelings yet or needs some kind of a push. But I don't know what to do! We're two hours apart and I am seeing him in two weeks for a weekend trip, but other than that, I don't know what to do because I don't want to kill any progress we may have had. Should I wait until August when we go back to school to try and pick up where we started, leave things up to him, or take charge and start texting him or something? Please please please help!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just keep the communication open either through texts, email or phone. A lot of things could happen in two months. Just find what form communication that are best for both of you. Although I really think he should reply back to your text and say something like no problem. That's kind of rude of him not returning your thank you text.

• the fact that he's been so distant makes me iffy. it isn't hard to text.