How soon should I wait to text her?

I have been talking to this girl for a while now and the conversation is going and sometimes she just doesn't respond back to me. It's kinda annoying. Now she could be playing hard to get or just forgot to text back. When we are talking it takes her like 5 min max to respond back to me . This has only happened like 3 times. So how long should I wait to text her again after she doesn't respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never know what to expect with texting. I would say it is a conversation so if the other person hangs up, you have to wait until they are able to talk again The fact that you guys are texting is a postive sign but the truth is more in what is being said. If she never inititates and is only responding, she may not be too interested. That said girls tend to want to talk on the phone and see the guy more than texting by nature. Texting is only fun because it's like he likes me but becomes boring if you really like a guy and you aren't actually talking.

I'd say, instead of wondering how fast you two are texting, ask her out. She'll like you better for it and you'll get a true barometer of how much she likes you. As for games, I think the only way to win is to not play along. Ask people what/why they're doing to understand them better and let them know what works for you. I know with me, I sometimes leave the conversation because it's not going anywhere, because he seems to be distracted or because something comes up and the flow of the convesation makes it seem awkward to excuse myself.

What Girls Said 2

• Texting has become so natural in our culture. We text in the bus, in class when bored, etc. Don't blame the girl for not responding- I'm sure she didn't mean to piss you off. I'm guessing you like her, and if you do, it would probably be best not to text right away after she doesn't respond. It'll just make you look desperate. Wait a couple of days, and text her about something interesting. This guy used to text me asking me about stuff he could easily look up on Google, so it became obvious he was just looking for an excuse to talk to me. Good luck!

• Just text her whenever you feel like it. What's the worse thing that can happen? Her not texting back? Just assume she's busy or just never text her back again.

What Guys Said 1

• Let her initiate contact. When she does, take a few hours to respond. Watch that bug her!