Girls, what is the texting or calling protocol after you meet a girl and get her number?

Basically what I want to know is after you get a girls number on a Saturday night, when is the best time to talk to her again? What time of day is the best and how many days after you get her number? Do you like to be texted or called? If I do text how should I start off the conversation?

Yeah... I'm out of practice lol. I was tied up for a while so I'm going back into the dating world. I can still get girls numbers but the after part for me sucks now lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it all depends on you young man. What do you hope to accomplish with this girl? Are you looking to just hook-up? A relationship? Friend? Fun?

AND Yes, you should text her right away, if you actually do like her. Why are you wasting time? Just start off by telling her, what you thought about her. Then find out what she's into? It's not that hard. Do it.

• I mean I at least want to try and date her and see what happens. We have a lot in common and I thought it be nice to get to know her a little better. Why am I wasting time... uhm probably don't have a good reason for that other then its been a busy week... but that's not a good reason at all.

• TEXT her and Ask her to hang out then. Take her out for coffee on a day you two are both available to see where her mind is. My point is, social media is ruining face-to-face interaction between humans. Texting is fine, but when you'e trying to get to know someone...I recommend phone...all the way. Texting can turn into something...awkward. Good Luck and congrats on graduating! =)

• Thanks Miss dippedinGold I appreciate it! :)

What Girls Said 3

• For me, I'd like it if a guy texted me a day after I gave it. I perfer texting first. Just say hey, it's _insert name_! Then let the conversation flow from there

• It's definitely different for every female. Personally, I like it when a guy calls or texts me the next day or that same day.

• depends on the context you met her in.

give me more details?

• Well met her Saturday after College graduation. I was going out with my family and saw her with a mutual friend. Talked, we knew each other but never talked before this. Got her number and walked her to her car because she had to wake up early to go to work. She made sure I had her number and made me call it to her again before she left and I just said Ill call you soon... That's the short version.

• Yeah... I know lol.

• if I was her I would already be thinking you either are a big flake or not that interested. If you want to salvage things, call her fast.

What Guys Said 1

• Girls will tell you what they like a guy to do...but they won't tell you what causes their interest level to rise...so I will. When you wait to call...either on purpose or because you are a busy guy...they think about you...and wonder when and if you will call. If you were to ask them..they will say they hate waiting..(who likes to wait?) But, if you wait long enough (not too long) and then call them...they will be really happy to hear from you...if they had high interest level to begin with..and they have good attitudes. So..if I got a number Saturday...I would call on Thursday and see about a date for the following Mon. or Tues. I never call on Fri. Sat. or Sundays. And I never go out on a date on Fri or Sat (those days are mine)...unless she asks too...or until she's my girlfriend. With all that being said...I never call sooner than 5 days..and never wait longer than 9 days.