Dating Guide for Dummies?

I'm in my 20s and I've never had a serious relationship with anyone. There are a lot of reasons why that happened. When I was still in school, I was really studious, so I didn't have that much time to go out. I'm also not a party person, and I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I'm also pretty shy, so it's kind of hard for me to express my interest in a guy. I know I'm not ugly (I've been told by strangers that I'm cute, and I've had guys show interest in me). What do I do get into the dating scene?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well from what you said, you'll be fine. Just set standards for the guy that you want.

Meeting random guys and going on random dates suck. You have no clue what to expect. Meeting friends of friends or friend hookups are the way to go! Good way know them a more casual/friendly environment or friend them on fb them before he asks you out!

• Thanks! I've had someone told me to lower my standards (which I think aren't that high, just average), so to have a guy tell me that that's fine made me feel better.

• Never lower your standards, my dating guru friend taught me this. It'll take time and many tries, but he finally found the girl of his dreams! Know what essentials you want in a guy/girl or else you won't be satisfied. If you hate lazy, then don't settle for semi-lazy. Find a go-getter! Setting standards applies to life and career moves, not just relationships. :)

What Guys Said 5

• The gym is always good.

• Dating experience.. that's a lot to learn later in life..best of luck. No such thing as a dating guide, just understanding the personality types between certain groups in the 'dating game'.

• You need to get out there. Go out and do things. That is how it is going to happen.

• Want to go to lunch =) ?

Please enter your number one reason for avoiding me below ...

• 555-5555-555-55-5-5-55-5-55555555-STOPTRYINGTOPICKUPCHICKSOVERTHEINTERNET

• Interesting answer ...

I think you will find all the reasons you can give will be strangely similar to the excuses you give more not getting laid in real life. Just a theory of course =)

• I love you already. You seem like the female version of me. And I prefer cute girls over sey or hot girls. I know this didn't answer your question but I just had to say it.

What Girls Said 1

• be attractive and flirty alittle bit - to see if able to keep in touch and any chance you can give him your number - if he really interested, he will initiate and ask you out! good luck!