Is it wrong to want a boyfriend for protection?

so far it's usually been my female friends or strangers who kinda "watched out" for me. I never ask them to do that for me though...

I love having a protective guy around because they make me feel safe. I'm a really happy and upbeat person but I do get scared easily...and I've been told I can be innocent and naive at times. unfortunately I tend to not see the bad in people and I suck at being harsh to people, which I guess is why I end up talking to a lot of strange people.

anyway, sometimes I really wish I had a boyfriend so he'd tell some guys to keep their mouth shut or to keep their hands off me. is it wrong to want a boyfriend for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, most women that are the way you described just end up telling their boyfriend that they need to "lighten up" and don't want to listen to him if he tells her she shouldn't go somewhere that might be dangerous. Exhibit A: link

What Guys Said 6

• Purely for that? Yea it is wrong.

Want a boyfriend because you want an intimate relationship with him and he also happens to be protectove of you? No.

You'd probably love me and be terrified of me at the same time.

• I think it's always wrong to "'use"someone for your own convenience when they think you actually like them for themselves. It's one thing with a female friend, they understand and stick together, but a guy doesn't want to be a bodyguard unless that's his profession, and you're paying him!

• understandable since women are naturally physically weaker than men, but if it is for that sole reason, no that is not so good

• I think there is more to a significant other then protection. It can be one of the characteristics you look in someone, but it shouldn't be the basis of what you are looking for.

• somehow I seem to fall in love only with guys who are protective over me. it makes me like them...i know that sounds weird lol

• I'm saying to have it as a basis of why you like him. Protection could be one trait of many. You'll just be disappointed if protection is all you are looking for.

• it's not all I'm looking for but it's a must. otherwise it'd feel like I'm dating a friend which is very bad

• Not particuluary, I'd love to be able to tell guys to back away from my girl.

• aslong as you love him and he loves you back. no its not wrong .

What Girls Said 1

• nope. in general women are physically weaker than men, I like having a boyfriend for protection- but that is secondary for me. I just like the companionship