What do guys really like when talking to a girl?

Do guys like the girl to text them, or would guys prefer that the girl not text "the guy" and guys make the moves? This guy has been texting me all the time but he kind of went from texting me a lot to a couple times a week. Do guys think us girls loose interest because we do not text first like they do or do guys loose interest? So the point is, should girls text guys first too or just let guys text us?

So how do I go about a date, he says he is interested and said he wants to take me on a date once his long working shift is over. But I don't know why he can't make 30mins to take me out or meet up. Yet he is the one who flirts and told me to please wait for him and trust him. Weird? Or is he really busy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, guys love it when you initiate conversation. Makes it easy for us. One thing you want to avoid though is dictating conversation. If you want him to stay interested then you got to make him work for it and not give it all away immediately. Instead take in all in stride and just seem happy that you're talking and he will grow more fond of you and will eventually come to like you.

p.s. in my experience, innocence goes so much farther than sluttyness, so when you're flirting IMPLY things but don't just come out and say it. It'll be a turn on, but not in the way you want. Good luck!

• Thanx! So he's been txting for a while and now texts me less, do you think he wants me to text him and make a move?

What Guys Said 5

• I think it should be fairly balanced concerning who initiates conversation. Since after all, people that are interested will want to seek out that other person to talk, and hopefully not play any of those mind games or stick to any texting 'rules'.

For both girls and guys, interest can be lost if texting is overdone. It can become routine and boring really quickly. It's great and all, but calls or better yet meeting up for something is the way to go to truly keep interest.

• So how do I go about a date, he says he is interested and said he wants to take me on a date once his long working shift is over. But I don't know why he can't make 30mins to take me out or meet up. Yet he is the one who flirts and told me to please wait for him and trust him. Weird? Or is he really busy?

• If he asked you to trust him about that date, give him a chance. Maybe he wants for it to be special and not just rush for a quick get together.

• Alright I can do that :) Thanx. I know a guy doesn't like to be pressured, so I wanted to make sure on what to do, I guess just let him know I am interested and see what happens

• Just say you really want to go do X thing. Most likely if it's interesting then he'll be inclined to say yea we should do X. At the point you can just be like when, and have a hard date settled. If its just said "we should do that sometime" then it'll never get done. You got to remember no one has all the answers, he is trying to gage your interest ask well. You don't want to be the more interested one in the relationship though, it's all about building his interest till he asks you out. If you want him to really appreciate the relationship then you got to make him work for YOUR affection, not the other way around

• So how do I make him work for it without any misunderstandings? People told me to ignore his texts but I think that was a mistake, that will make him think I'm not interested, so how can I make him appreciate me? After all its him who reached out to me

• You absolutely need to text first sometimes. If I texted first every time, I would also start to cut down on texting because I'd think I was annoying you

• Uuuu I see, I might.just give him some texts here and there

• Honestly I can only speak for myself but I think that having a girl make the first move on me is a lot better!

• Thanx! So now I should text him first and make a move?

• Yes

What Girls Said 0