Today is prom night and I can't help but feel bitter towards the tradition....So what's the big deal about prom?

I felt like prom was designed to make poor , unpopular and unique looking children fell bad about themselves?

how do you feel about prom night...Were you left out of it all ... Were you playing board games with nerdy friends instead of having a flashy prom and then going out to a hotel or getting into a car reck after a ignorant night of teen drunk driving?

*m
Are school had 2 prom's because the black kids were apposed to white tradition...the black student union funding the "black prom" then just blamed the white kids for being racist.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think that the whole prom thing has been blown up into something that is completely ridiculous. It used to be a fun night for people to celebrate graduating high school. But now it's just about how much affluence someone can show. Kids are feeling the pressure to spend hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of dollars on one night.

At that age, I have no idea how someone can afford it. Especially if they are just starting to work at their first job.

I was a loser in high school. My prom wasn't fun. It was supposed to be, but stuff happened and I ended up going by myself and hoping someone would ask me to dance. But because I wasn't popular the guys basically avoided me the whole night.

My friend who had a boyfriend left early, so I was by myself.

It kinda sucked, and I called my parents to come pick me up early because it was just really boring for me. I was hoping I would see some of my friends there, but most of them went to a party and didn't invite me :S

What Guys Said 4

• Prom sucks, I went to mine and it was hella boring. Only thing that made it interesting was smuggling Patron and sneaking it in our non-alcoholic beverages (lame). The after party made it worth it, we went to a club and then a boat ride, but other than that, prom sucked balls. I do not recommend going if you have nothing planned afterwards.

• I never went to prom. I think spending all that money on tickets and a dress/tux just for a few hours of dancing is just rediculous. I can go to a club wearing clothes I already have and have the same experience as prom for $5 dollar admission

• Was your prom dress pink =) ?

oh so pretty

• I freaking loved it! The girls were all looking extra hot and my girlfriend was really frisky. Gotta love prom! LOL at your black prom story! Where did you go to school?

• Detriot the worst places on earth to be white

• even if they had no problem with white people they didn't want hang with them.

• I had my face in dog sheet for christ sakes...>! oh! long story hahahha

What Girls Said 4

• I'd heard a lot of great stuff about the prom, and to be honest I didn't dislike my prom, but I didn't particularly enjoy it either. The actual event was good, but it was more the company I was around that ruined it for me. I was on a low when I left the prom and I was disappointed, but then after the prom I went to a friends house and a bunch of us just messed about, watched films and had some fun- and I enjoyed that so much it made up for the prom being such a downer :)

I think if your friends are around you, then the prom will still be fun :D

• Well I hope no one gets into a car wreck from drunk driving. I mean, it's happened before but I hope it doesn't happen. But I've never been to prom, and never will go because I just finished high school. So that's that I guess.

• I think most of the problems with prom would go away if people stopped taking it so damn seriously because honestly what does it matter if you don't have a date, the most expensive dress etc.. shouldn't it be about having fun with friends as like goodbye to high school. In my eyes prom is the dorkest thing it is essentially a middle school dance but on a more expensive scale. I am really looking forward to my senior prom because I just want and excuse to dress like a princess, prom is one of those things where it is up to you if you enjoy it, if you go to prom thinking it will be overly dramatic and annoying it will because that will be all you see. Each to their own but I like prom.

• I got stood up to prom my Junior year and instead watching both the Harold and Kumar films then sh told me stories of her white castle adventures. This year I worked instead of going. Beofre I even knew if I was working I told everyone I was because I didn't want to deal with all the drama that happened with prom the year before. Not going was the best decision I ever made.

• see... that's what I'm saying.people have bad memory , a lot immaturity takes place too.

• Also I never heard a single person in all my years at my school come home and say what a great night they had. They all just complained about one thing or another.

• so true and that my prom..it always ended with big fight bettween racist people lol