If you are waiting for marriage before sex can you at least make out?

if you are celibate can you at least make out? without leading it further to sex..

Most Helpful Guy

• of course.

What Guys Said 4

• yes

• people still go by that rule? yes you can make out. you're gonna marry that person for gods sake. at least you should know if he is a good kisser.

• definitely

if I can't cuddle my girl friend what's the point in making one :P

• Oh god I hope so! Haha

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on your religious view. Most of them would say yes, "making out" is okay. There are some religions that don't even allow physical contact until marriage (know the TLC show '19 Kids and Counting'? Their oldest never even held his wife's hand till after marriage! Their first kiss was on their wedding day.)

Also it depends on why you are being celibate, and your "control level." I read on a religious website once, "if your 'motor' begins to turn on, its time to quit." If every time you make out with someone you just have to have sex at that point, then no, making out would not be okay. This is one of those times to learn your body.

• are you asking, if you are allowed', or are you asking if you are 'able' to.

you are allowed to make out, without it being sex, of course. tho some religions, I think, you can't have any physical contact, but celibacy itself, I'm quite sure refers to actual sex.

as for are you able to just make out, without it leading to sex, if not a whole lot more rape would be committed. of course you can, you just have to not have sex, when you make out. that's all. that's what our brains are for.