Does it mean a guy doesn't like you if he doesn't text first?

So I've heard that typically if a guy likes a girl he'll text her first a lot and try to keep in touch. But my older brother has never been this way. Whenever he likes a girl he almost never texts her first. My mom is always telling him he should but he says he can't because he doesn't have a good reason too...Once over break he was away from the girl he really liked and she would text him all the time but he never texted her unless she texted him...And it's not because he's shy-He's actually a really outgoing confident type of guy. So my question is, if a guy likes a girl will he text her to keep in touch? This guy I like almost never texts me first, unless he has an "excuse" to text me...but yet he almost always texts back really fast whenever I text him. what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ive done this many times and its not because I'm not interested . its because sometimes I really don't have anything to say. I don't want to force a text conversation and risk messing up things. Furthermore I hate texting too, if I'm really interested in a girl I'm going to call her or meet up with her to have a real conversation but that's just me

What Guys Said 1

• I always make the chick text me. I'm the male so she needs to show me how bad she wants me.

What Girls Said 1

• omg this is my life right now. the only time he has contaceted me was when he asked mee a question he clearly knew the answer to, but he got a reason. I can't say I blame him because I did the same once we started talking but now I'm always starting the convo's. before I hated it now it seems like it has to be done just to talk. my true problem is that our convo's don't last long so we can't really get to know each other