If most guy's main drive is for limitless sexual opportunity, why do they date?

Guys tend to only really care about sex, why do they bother dating? Is it only because most guys can't get sex without trading security for it? Guys tend to get into relationships with females and then are unhappy with them for not being sexual Barbie dolls ... so why bother if you will hate her and want to leave her if she is not perfect looking and pleases you exactly when and how you desire?

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically if a guy wants his p*ssy he has to date and as soon as this becomes the same boring stuff with her he looses interest and wants to move on.

• Agreed^

• oh, then yes of course that's what they'll do.

Answerer...That's true, and gosh I wish the divorce rate wasn't so scary high

• Would help a bunch if all us younger generations learned the difference between Love and Desire and realize that making babies isn't like going to Toys R Us and buying a new doll. I can't hardly stand listening to these 17 to 22 year old girls at work talking about these baby daddies.

What Guys Said 7

• men have a messed up sense of women. there I said it, its because of p*rn and the media, not all guys, but some tend to picture women as objects, they care less about feelings and more about the physical, what theyve seen, what they want to try no matter how degrading it is for the woman. but women are not little angels either, if a woman covers her body up and doesn't wear those stupid lulu lemon pants, well see what kind of men she attracts, and what type of men the super cleavage, ass showing women with their thongs sticking out will attract. its a two way street, don't like who your attracting? find a new method.

• Variety is the Spice of life.

• Yeah. So why do guys even bother dating?

• Sex is quite easy to find... but sex with any kind of emotion involved would be far nicer.

• Duh, dating leads to sex.

Regarding relationship, many girls just suck at it. I'll date and f***, if you want a relationship show me why you'd be special and better than the other ones. If you expect me to find you amazing for no reason and make huge efforts for you and be commited while you do nothing but giving me headaches and be paranoid, controlling and boring then just let me have a big loud laugh...

• But "being special" is mainly about how she can please you visually and sexually, right?

• Emotional support? You mean emotional drag! Shit, have you ever tried to live with a girl? Having to listen for hours about their problems and hard lives? Free tip: instead of sitting on their hands, tell your gfs to spend a tenth of their times working on solving their problems instead of talking and talking about them to everybody forever. I guarantee you it'd be an eye opener.

• Like I said, men don't even like women.

• Although I disagree that men only want sex, it is hard-wired into us to want sex a lot. A relationship provides an opportunity to have sex .Although a relationship is not always about sex, if women was to approach a random guy and ask "Want to f*** me?" chances are he won't decline .

• I'm sorry to say that most guys aren't in it just for sex. I date to find someone I could live happily forever with. Sure sex is a part of it but you would be beside yourself to say that it's the biggest component. Relationships built around solely sex do not work.

• You really don't think that pleasing a guy sexually (which includes looking exactly the way he wants) is the primary ingredient to sustaining any interest? Like, you have to please him in the bedroom BEFORE he can even consider that you matter in any other way. Not that he never will, just that his sexual interests must be met first and continually, without waver?

• But why bother trying to "develop links." Books I've read say that men really don't look to women for emotional bonding and their main desire is for sex and recreational companionship (a "fishing buddy" or someone to take to monster truck rallies/metal concerts/football games).

• Maybe you've been reading the wrong books. A man's partner is supposed to be his best friend. Of course you should hold common interests whatever they may be. What use is sex or recreational activities if you can't even get along with each other? There has to also be common beliefs and agreements. Otherwise, when the sex is over and the fishing, what is there left?

• "If most guy's main drive is for limitless sexual opportunity,"

It's not.

"Guys tend to only really care about sex"

Also not true.

"why bother if you will hate her and want to leave her if she is not perfect looking and pleases you exactly when and how you desire?"

And three for three in the wrong stakes.

Thanks for playing, but you only get three lives in this game, and you wasted them all.

• The majority of questions from men on here are things like "How can I get my girlfriend do to anal" or "My girlfriend doesn't have sex enough with me, how can I make her?" Etc...

• Instead of telling her how "wrong" you think she is, maybe focus on the topic itself, or leave! You aren't any help to anyone, anonymous answerer

• It is completely relevant what Anony had to say. If their werent such hasty generalizations, this question wouldn't even have needed to be asked.

What Girls Said 4

• As a feminist, I have a hard time thinking men are THAT animalistic because men are people, not animals :p men have their own reasons for only wanting sex or wanting relationships, or both.

But I do know sex is a big motive for almost everyone, especially for men. If we're talking science and animal behavior and even evolution, men used "dating" as a means to successfully pass on their genes. They would invest their resources (the food they caught, the shelter they built) to feed and protect one female in order to mate and birth a child with her. any more than one woman would be too much physical work, so it was somewhat unfeasible. *mind you, we're focusing on MALE behavior. I could go into female behavior, but that's not the topic :p

So he keeps her from mating with other males, cares for her, mates a bunch, and when the baby is born, he helps raise it and typically tries for another baby once that first baby can walk. If there are no other females or he does not have sufficient resources, he will mate with his initial partner..

This theory, created by many and condensed severely by me, explains the birth of monogamy :P Remember, the worst thing that could happen in this situation would be for his partner to be cuckolded (mate with another man). In society, to prevent cuckolding to the best of everyones ability, we created monogamy :p

So, this isn't NATURE rooted so much in biology as it is BEHAVIOR that resulted from nature.

• But why give up mating with as many women as possible? Monogamy, up until the past 50 years or so, was only for FEMALE animals to abide by.

• they each have personal reasons to do so and not to. we're well enough past the animal stage.

some guys want a companion, other guys don't :p

• Some guys are like that but some do also crave companionship, they desire love just as much as they desire sex. Sex is a part of a healthy relationship, but its like icing on a cake, it shouldn't be the foundation of the relationship. It's just a matter of finding one of those men who have honorable intentions and want the same thing that you want.

• LMAO! Too funny.

Don't know if there's any truth to this because I've only been used for sex once and it SHALL remain that way... I'm hoping? so as to not get preggers or have an std/sti?

• I love that my boyfriend is not looking for sex and he just wants to be with me because he likes having a emotional connection.