Hispanics and Asian Dating?

Since the Hispanic/Latino culture is similar to the Asian culture in terms of family values, parenting, and the likes, I'd like ask this poll/survey to see the likelihood for the two cultures date interacially.

In all aspect, this poll does not promote racism because other ethnicities are excluded. This poll is just focusing on the two ethnic group: hispanics and asians.

**********

Please vote E if you do NOT belong to one of the ethnic groups. And if you are biracial, vote in accordance to the ethnicity you identify with most.

**********

• I am Asian and I'm open to dating Hispanics
  • I am Asian and I'm NOT open to dating Hispanics
  • I am Hispanic and I'm open to dating Asians
  • I am Hispanic and I'm NOT open to dating Asians
  • This does not apply to me because I'm not Asian nor Hispanic

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm half Hispanic and have been dating an American-born vietnamese guy for over a year now. We get along really well but our cultures have some notable differences which I sometimes trip up on, despite having lived in different cultures. I would also disagree with some of the whole "family-oriented" point people like to bring up. Hispanics and Asians are family oriented, yes, but family-oriented in different ways. I think my relationship with my guys works because neither of us spends too much time with our families so we're united by our American culture side in addition to all the lovey-dovey stuff. Just saying.

What Girls Said 14

• Ok first of all, where did you get that the Latino culture is similar to the Asian Culture in those terms? That is totally not true... you are hearing this from someone who has known and lived both Asian and Latino culture.

As for the dating, I don't see anything weird about an Asian dating a Latino.... I have seen many and also if they get to marry they will have beautiful kids...

I answer A. I love Latinos and the Latino culture but can also date other ethnic..

• Totally agree with you

• I am hispanic and I am attracted to asian guys. I think that they are very family oriented.

You are wrong, you're targeting Hispanics who are mixed with both Latino/Asian culture compared to those who are not.
      No they dont have similar family orientations. You're basically talking about mixed racial individuals, so its biased to say they are similar.
      I can tell you this, as an Asian, our culture is different from theirs and if you have both then you are exposed to both cultures under one household that doesn't mean they are similar if you are both Latino AND Asian.
      And some online link address doesn't back up those points.

• hmmm. I'm half asian and I'm attracted to some hispanic guys. I guess the cultures are similar. it's very family oriented so I see no problem dating someone who is hispanic.

• I would have voted A but I think it's different because I am Asian (Filipino/Spanish/Chinese) and HAVE dated Latino men :-)

I think that's more common than other "combinations", ha ha.

• Oh it will be more common in the future, believe me :) society is turning into a melting pot. Right now, I think it's just at its infancy stage. But still, there is soo much barriers for interacial dating even for this point in time.

• Melting pot? I prefer "salad". Ha ha.

• I got a question I'm half Chinese half Hispanic and I love Asian culture and everything it has to offer. Also I am very attracted to Asian women like Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, etc. But from my mix I'm light skinned. Would I have a chance with an Asian girl.

P. S I'm not Mexican

• Well, since I am half Chinese half Colombian and a product of the two cultures, I'll say that it does have a likelihood. However, I will say that I haven't really met that many other people who are also half Asian half Latina. So it's not uber popular. I've meet more hapas that are eurasian (half white) and blasian (half black) than latasian (half latina)

• I'm Hispanic & To me I find that Asian men can be very handsome. I think in my case I only find Asian men attractive haha... but I've never dated one... yet lol Also, i think how they react to things is really cute. I like how they can be very considerate. I hope this helps. ^_^

• That's cool :) I wish I could date an Asian girl, really , but they usually are attracted to Asian guys :( I usually hang at http://www.asiandate.com/ , may be one day I am lucky to be in relationships with an Asian chick.

• Im hispanic and I would date asian guys, I actually think japanese and korean guys are extremely Hot! D

• I am from Panama and Puerto rico and I voted C because Hispanics are my first choice, but I also have a thing for Asian guys.

Theyre both sexy && unique.

• I'm half hispanic and asian. My mom is Puerto Rican and my dad is Malaysian. I'm open to dating both.

• I'm half Vietnamese and I personally don't see a problem dating Latin men. There are cultural similarities that we can offer each and possibly learn from the relationship.

• I've noticed that all the guys I've had a physical attraction to were Hispanic and I'm Asian . I'll probably most likely get into a relationship with a Hispanic or a White guy although I don't discriminate who I date and not date based on race.

• Similar? Not at all I'm Hispanic and I don't see similarity

• i like asian guys and they like me ^_^ need I say more?

• I'm half Chinese and half Vietnamese My boyfriend is Hispanic from. Is hard for us to tell the family as bring the family together would have other problems such as communication etc.. Therefore we choose to keep it away from them for now as family is very important. This doesn't stop us from being together we been together for 3years now. I think personality matters more than anything even background to me. I love Latino they are just very protective and puts what matter first. We both live in the UK but I was brought up in China and he's born in Ecuador Anything on the outside is just a mask however I do understand what you meant on this.

What Guys Said 11

• I would Vote C

I am Hispanic and would date Asian women. We have our similarities and differences but when you get to know each other and understand the culture better you'll find out that we have much more similarities then differences.

In Example:

Education/knowledge is our high priority and becoming a leader in our community is highly respected & honored. Judge Sonia Sotomayor. Eating freshly prepared meals with the family, listening and respecting our elders (there advice) is also regarded. Our ancestral religion is most similar to Asian culture today. one example would be the Taino Indians which lived in Puerto Rico. Taino Indians whose blood runs through my Puerto Rican veins, would present offerings to certain gods in hope that the next season crop will be bountiful. In some hispanic catholic religion there is a statue or photo of Mary or Jesus similar to Buddha in some Asian homes. In some Latin communities we eat Ceviche (raw fish in a light sauce) and you can always see "Ensalada de pulpo" (Octopus salad) in a residence that is Puerto Rican. Example of a Puerto Rican dish starch is rice, vegetables can be anything including panna, and protein bacalao /cod fish in a red sauce a little salty. We also enjoy have morcilla which is pigs blood with rice in pig tripe/intestines sausage.

Looking our best is similar to any culture. Our Music originated from speaking to the dead. In our homes we are very hospitable and being clean is essential.

In the country side you see plenty farming and old ways of doing certain things

.Traditions depict us where we came from... and if we don't understand where we came from we'll never understand where were going.

Finally, In every culture you have those that want to succeed and those that want the easy road.

I would rather see more Asian Hispanic relationships and marriages. Only the future can tell...

• I answered C: I am Hispanic and open to dating Asians. I am actually Puerto Rican born and raised in America. From my point of view I wished I saw more Asians dating Hispanic/Latinos. It's not to hard to understand and do research about a culture plus if your really interested in the person you'd go out your way to do so.

As a Puerto Rican our culture has influences from Taino Indian in which they did sacrifices, believed in certain gods for certain seasons. Our influences does open our mind to understanding respect for not only oneself but for everything around us. Being that their is only minimal documentation on our Taino Influences its harder for us to be more involved with our past. Education and being successful is one of our many agendas. We sometimes wear a camouflage to appear like we don't know what's going on, but in actuality we know more and know alternate ways to find a solution.

It would be a powerful mixture of new race for the humankind if Asians married Hispanics and had children... dreams

• I am Latino and I have dated and currently dating an Asian girl!

• Aren't most of the Pacific Island people (Samoa, Guam, Philippines, etc) a combination of Asian and Hispanic cultures anyway?

• Im hispanic and I'm like crazy for asian guys. there are so HOT. I would defenetly date an asian guy.they are just 2 cute.

• I think that while both ethnic groups might like each other, they are afraid of getting out of their comfort zones.

I'm Hispanic and have only dated one Asian.

My sister loves Asian guys too and has dated only one.

Why?

Because my relationship lasted 2 and a half years.

Hers lasted 5 years and she's still going.

I think the two ethnicities would get along just fine.

In the future, 1 out of every 4 American will have Hispanic in them because of all the Whites dating Hispanics.

I'm okay with dating any ethnicity, so I voted 'C'.

• I will never date an Asian they have Beautiful women but no I keep 100% Mexican! And no way they don't have same culture they eat dogs which is just not cool! I know we eat animals too but come on a dog that is a companion to the man and you know what I'm trying to say! Well they don't have piñatas, or have Quinceñeras, or party every two weeks, etc etc etc we don't eat whales and Dolphins and donkey di*** ewww or monkeys! Nasty sh*t. They don't eat Horse or Chicharones or or eat Tortillas! we have different cultura no es El mismo!

• estoy de acuerdo! y viva tequila! xD

• wtf man you mad ignorant, the reason why they eat Dog and animals because they in the 3rd world country, what would do you if you have nothing to eat and starving to death, cmon common sense, Asians in america don't eat DOGS and and cats, its america there's food everywhere, that's where the stereo type came from, and people like you keep spreading them not knowing what you talking about, cmon dood

• @ venividivici Puro Tecolotlan, Jalisco :) @ axe_effect Wtf dude I ain't no ignorant I seen videos they have other types of food too I'm a dog lover and if I ran out of food it a big no no that I won't kill my dogs I effen love my dogs I treat em like if there kids:] I will just starve myself but I also said we eat animals like pig, horse, sheep, and cow so don't be rude!

• im asian, I dated different color of females, color neva mented anything to me, I love latina women, they love me too so we can keep it that way

• hey i answer A haha. love hispanic's culture :D

• I'm hispanic and my girl is korean. We been together 7 years.

• I am a hispanic guy currently dating a filipino girl and have dated vietnamese girls in the past. I'd say even Asian cultures are different. There is a difference between dating a filipino and a vietnamese...

Anyway, I have a thing for Asian girls, even most of my Mexican girlfriends looked Asian, and Asian girls have a thing for me. They think I look like Donnie Yen, a Chinese movie star, even though I am Mexican.

• I am a black man who is looking for a oriental or latin wife who loves God and then herself. Loving God and then myself. What do I want? I need a woman who respects me so I can love her. There are times problems arise in a relationship, but before we Go too far I plan on having a long conversation. To make sure I do join the right church, person, and that person's family. Taking time is key I guess. When I go to sleep at night with the woman I marry I need to know that she wants to be with me. There is no greater love than one who lays done for their brother. Finding another church should be my top priority. I know what God's word says man I need to find him, again!