Is serial dating a bad thing?

I have always dated a lot, even as a teen. And I thought dating was a way of getting to know another person and if things go well you slowly progress into a relationship. Dating has helped me get to know what I like and what I don't like. And I am usually not interested past a first or second date. And I will date more than one person at a time. I have been told by a few friends recently that I'm doing it all wrong and called me a 'serial' dater. I thought that everybody did it this way. But if I am not in an exclusive relationship, why commit? I have had a few serious relationships, but I would rather be single than in a relationship that is not healthy or gives me headaches. Because of this my guy friends tell me I seem like a 'player' and that I seem like a girl who has commitment problems or doesn't want to settle down. But that is not the case, I just haven't found anything that makes me want to give up being single. Is this bad? Do I really need to rethink my view of dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, there really isn't anything actually wrong with it. It's just that people (including myself) get jealous.

To girls, I suppose it's just raw jealousy.

To guys, it's more of an angry jealousy, because it's basically taking advantage of a system that expects guys to make the move and pay for dates while the girl simply makes her selection. Us guys really can't do anything like that.

But I wouldn't really worry about it too much. If you let people slow you down, it doesn't help anything. Just be respectful and appreciative of the efforts those guys put in, and go out and have a blast!

What Guys Said 2

• This past semester I have been a serial dater. It has been a lot of fun. I just can't find one I like that likes me. I don't see anything wrong with it.

• No ... as long as it is not serial screwing and serial kissing and serial all other things that people think are ok.

• hahaha

• I know you were being serious...it's just funny still

• :) the , I'll smile with you. :--------)

What Girls Said 0