What are some comfortable things to talk about on the first date?

When you go out for the first time with someone, what do you find comfortable to talk about with out going to deep or seeming shallow?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never politics. If it gets brought up be generic and tread lightly.

I like to start talking about how whatever place you are meeting in looks. It gives you chances to bring up past experiences or tell jokes "This place looks really hipster, I feel out of place since I forgot my MacBook". Then maybe ask what they have been doing for fun lately and then talk about something new you have started.

Likes, Goals, Plans.

It is most important to be fun and to have fun. Do the analyzing of the person later. If you try to analyze what the person means all of the time during the date you will probably come across as weird.

What Guys Said 3

• Ive truly ever been on one date without knowing the other person prior to that date. And that was the best date I've been on. We talked about our school, our dream jobs, any tattoos or piercings we both had. And that's about it. It helps to do something active or fun with a first date rather than a dinner. I was able to create conversation with the things we were doing at hand like walking on a boardwalk or walking around the lake. I'm with that woman now though so it all worked out for me

• Vacations... school... job... memories of times with friends or family... movies / music / books...

Of course, the old rule is to ask the other person... where did they go on vacation? What types of music do they like, etc?

• It depends on how well you know each other already. Maybe interests such as hobbies or what each other want to study in college or do after college. Maybe even movies that each has possibly seen or not.

What Girls Said 1

• Anything from his goals, his likes or dislikes, his dressing style, his favorite food and etc. Just as long you keep your date talking and don't feel awkward. Just relax because the guy is nervous as you too.