Rules of texting? What are yours?

If you could name 3 rules of texting when it comes to the opposite gender/dating/relationships, what would they be?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) when you exchange numbers, don't text him until he texts you first. whether it is after a date, after meeting, etc. From my experience and all my friends', the guys who were interested made contact, and the ones who weren't, didn't.

2) If he could have easily gotten your number aka you are in a conversation with him for more than two minutes, and he only gives you his and says "text or call me" he probably is not that into you and I wouldn't recommend doing it.

3)balance it carefully. you need to show some interest. after he texts you for the first time, if you have a real conversation you should text him a day later just "hey what's up" type of thing, to get the ball rolling and show you are interested. but after that, let him suggest the plans, keep texting you. he should be contacting you more and most of the time, because otherwise I don't think he's really into you, but once in a while you should definitely send a message too to show interest.

What Guys Said 6

• 1. Do not ever text me when you're driving. I'm not that important, and I'd hate it if you died sending me a message. Don't do it.

2. Random is good. Sometimes a random text or pic is just what a person needs to get through the day. So if you see a guy riding a burro down the sidewalk (like I did a few years ago) I want to hear about it (or see the pic) immediately! But not if you're driving, wait til you're safe.

3. I don't mind if you don't respond. I understand that you have a life and might be busy, or asleep, or driving, or whatever. But if you fail to reply too much, it will make me think twice before trying to talk to you. You'll be missing out when I cut you off.

• 1. Be effective.

2. Don't seem too harsh, people may think you're angry!

3. Double check receiver on sensitive material

• dont text saying so what you been up to

dont text someone again if they don't reply

and don't play that stupid of waiting a decade before you reply to my texts, I don't do do that and neither should you.

and now you know :P

• 1. Don't let it rule your life and check it every second even when you know there's no message

2. Tone of voice can't be detected in a message so you might take things the wrong way. Be careful and clarify first.

3. Don't use it for anything important. No happy birthday message. No break up message. Somethings should be done in person or over the phone not in a text

• Give me at least 30 freakin seconds to answer your text before you send me ten thousand more in the next two minutes. Don't text me when I am sleeping and expect me to answer. Don't send me a text that I really need more info and it would be better if we had a phone conversation.

• Don't put too many lol or Smileys

Don't play any games

Don't rely on texts. Call her

Be clear because phrases can get twisted over SMS

What Girls Said 5

• 1. Don't give me 3 word reply. If I ask you a question then be descriptive and put some effort into you reply. 2

2. If I ask you something serious/urgent, like what work we have for the next day or whether I can catch a lift then answer ASAP please. It's a serious question and that's why I asked you. This is especially annoying when you can see the other person read your messages or has been online after you sent it.

3. Don't use too many acronyms otherwise I get confused and have no idea what you mean and that just makes me feel dumb 0-o

• - Avoid 'sexting'

- Put things bluntly

- Don't reply straight away if you're not keen

• 1. If you're interested, don't play that stupid game where you wait two hours before replying.

2. Don't bother replying if all you're going to put is a word or two. Either ask a question, tell me something or don't text back.

3. Don't abbreviate words so much so that I have difficulty working out what you're trying to say.

• I agree. Especially with #3. I had no clue totes meant totally haha

• -don't text

-don't text and drive

-don't text

• n0 lyk diZ

"k"

Do: Call me