What do you think of online dating? From experience

No, I am not talking about this site... although maybe some people meet here. What I wonder is how much success people have had with other dating sites, meeting and matching with someone that turned into something good. Paid sites, local sites, international sites, lifestyle specific sites ?

Your thoughts and feelings... only from personal experience!

Most Helpful Girl

• Ive gone on a lot of dates from a few different sites and I now have a boyfriend from one of the sites. It does work but I have founded that many of the guys have issues on there and even my current boyfriend does. Many I noticed had poor social skills and did not know how to be with woman. If you can avoid it I would tell you to do just that but its up to you. If you are going to do it then use a paid cite because the ones that were free had many poor low class people on them at least that's the opposite of me. Good luck I hope you find someone!

• I'm not planning on trying the online thing again but appreciate the good wishes =)

What Girls Said 4

• 1. First time I did it I went to yahoo personals (doesn't exist anymore) I paid for it, and it was very disappointing, the guy I met was so weird and lier, he used a lot of drugs and I traveled to meet him.

2. Second time eHarmony.com, paid too, didn't work either, the guy was crazy, he only wanted a maid cleaning his house.

3. Met 2 guys through Facebook, but nothing happened.

4. I'm using RoseBrides.com after 4 yrs. of not using any, not paying, using the free one and I'm still very open to find my other half. Recently met one guy, not in real yet but he's making plans to come to my country.

I've heard some good stories of people who met and married through online dating so I'm looking for the same thing, I will never give up!

• There has to be a reason that these people can't find a date in person...and it can't be good. Either they're already in a relationship/married and are cheating behind the person's back, or he's got bad social skills or hygiene.

The only attention I get from dudes online is from the ones I really wouldn't take a second look at. It's really a waste of money in that sense because I won't try to meet them in person.

However, if you have an open mind and look forward to sifting through dates, both online and in person, in hopes of finding someone you mostly click with, why not. It's not like dating after college gets any easier. It's almost impossible to find someone at work or even at the supermarket. Where then? The classified ads and online dating.

• i had a two year relationship long distance with a guy I met on

www.mocospace.com

im currently in a long distance relationship with a guy from on here we have been together and two months and so far he makes me happier then any guy ever has which is pretty scary coming from this site <3

• desperately seeking susan

What Guys Said 3

• I've used Match.Com and Catholic Match, thinking that I'd get a good balance in possible dates from sites that were both secular in nature, as well as religious. Unfortunately, what I found across the board were flaky women not willing to eventually commit/open their minds enough to the possibility of a relationship.

I'm not slagging online dating as a whole — it would not have become so ubiquitous if it were not at all successful — but for me personally, it just didn't pan out. I went in with an open mind and heart, and was willing to see what happened, but things just didn't work out.

• I think they are a load of bullsh*t in my opinion. I've used quite a few sites and they are all the same. The response rate is extremely low. About one in 15 actually reply. Even when they do reply it could just be one word answers or the worst of them...the 'lol' message. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong personally. I've never had a good experience using a dating site.

• Too easy to break. Bad experiences.