He spends all our time on the phone?

I just got back from a date with my boyfriend at the movies. he spent the whole ad part of the movie on his phone..he spent the whole movie eating popcorn.

Why does he do this? We only see each other once a week because of uni and when we do he hardly ever talks. I brought it up with him and he just tried to brush it off and joke when I was clearly pissed off. to make matters worse it was our anniversary and I suggested dinner and he shut it down for a movie...why?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Well I don't talk when I watch a movie.

• Guys aren't natural communicators the way girls are, so maybe he just doesn't like talking to you as much as you like talking to him.

He's more interested in doing communal activities, or things where you can be quiet, but still together.

What Girls Said 4

• This guy sounds like he's really selfish. The question should be why do you except that kind of behavior? It's rude and disrespecful. When people care about one another they want to talk and learn about each other. Sounds to me like he's more interested in learning about his phone friends.

• If after telling him and that he knows you were not happy. I would give it a few more months than move on.

• He seems like he just doesn't care. Or maybe he just has a different way or hanging out than you do. Doesnt seem like you guys are compatible.

• he is either super immature and doesn't know how to treat a girl or not that into you.