Guys: Are there things you'll do when your texting a girl you like?

Guys: Are there any things girls can look out for that guys often do when texting a girl they're interested in? Do you use lots of smilies\emotions, do you ask about her day? What are things you do when texting a girl your interested in? Also, would you ever text a girl back after she texts you, just to be polite? or would you simply ignore her texts if you had no interest and only reply if you are interested? Are there differences in the way you say things when you are and are not interested? I'm a little confused right now about a particular guy...he only occasionally texts first-if he has a specific reason, such as asking me how my play went and asking me to go check out his song on Facebook...he uses smilies in almost every text-unless we're talking about something really serious or I'm upset. he often replies within seconds of me sending a text, though sometimes he doesn't reply at all when I say things like "haha true" ...he's also called me twice, though I didn't answer cause I was shy\busy, and when I asked him about it he never texted back. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! =)

Most Helpful Guy

• Keeping the conversation interesting. Short responses & taking time to reply usually means not interested.

I've always replied to a text, even from girls I'm not interested in. In that case, I tend to reply only to questions and not reply to texts that don't need a response. This is different from when I am interested and I'll just switch to another topic to keep it going.

The way I say things remains the same. If I'm interested, I would be more flirty obviously, rather than just normal responses. I don't use smillies but sometimes I use more haha/lol

What Guys Said 1

• About the emoticons not everybody is the same, asking about daily stuff, your problems, talking about family and future, sharing things that he doesn't share with other people and also texting regularly are the signs that he is interested (IMO). and well I don't reply to the texts from the girls I am not interested in right away, I will reply if I have nothing better to do. for example there is no way I am going to pause my game to reply to a text from a girl I am not interested in. and one more thing, short answers like "yes","ok","fine" are signs of boredom on the other hand longer replies can be an indication of interest.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm pretty sure by them texting it says something.