When you teach a girl about something?

does it make you feel good? there's this guy that I speak to, and he loves cars, but I don't know that much about them so he explains quite a bit. I've been told by friends that it's good that I take an interest in his interests, but then others say its annoying. So is it a good thing if a girl shows an interest in things you like even though she has no idea? or annoying?

Most Helpful Guy

• I enjoy teaching people things, and I've taught many women to do "guy stuff" such as working on cars (just the basics; I'm far from an expert) to shooting guns.

When it comes to guns, women are much better students and learn and improve much faster than most men. I suspect it's because men assume that having a penis means they automatically know how to shoot and handle a gun, so they don't want to listen or be bothered with any instruction. Women assume that they're going to need to do a bit of learning, so they pay attention, follow instructions, and out-shoot the guys with equal experience 9 times out of 10.

I'm a big believer in learning (I learn from other people nearly every day) and in teaching, so I'd have no problem if a girl wanted to learn something I happen to know. And maybe she can teach me a skill of hers too.

What Guys Said 5

• depends. I have stuff I am interested in but she does not need to be. But if we have a common interest and I can show her something I feel good about it. usually little things. Example: I like to bike. road and mountain bike. I am good mechanically so can do anything on a bike. but when I know girls that like to bike, just showing them simple things like changing a tube when they have a flat, or adjusting a derailer makes them more confident and I like confident girls. but I do not want her pretending she in interested in my stuff just to make me feel good. I know the difference. make sense?

• depends on the guy. if you are asking a bunch of questions while he's talking try not asking as many. If he still spends a lot of time explaining things, then he enjoys explaining things.

Every guy is confounded by the problem of how to talk to girls. As such, having a girl that is interested in a subject we actually know how to talk to them about is like a dream for most of us.

• If she's genuinely interested in the things I am into then it's a really good thing. If it's an act, then it seems patronizing. If you aren't interested don't act like you are, but if you want to learn how to do something I know how to and like to do then it's fun when I have the time.

• I love it when a girl shows interest in my interests...which is mainly cars. Not many girls care about them but when they do, I love it. Even if they don't know much about them, I like it when they try to engage in conversation about them.

• when I teach her how to f*ck.. ;)

What Girls Said 0