Anyone been ashamed to show

the person your dating or you like where you live and show your family to them etc?

Ever felt your not good enough to date someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• My house is like a mental asylum due to my mentally ill older sister so I rarely if ever introduce girls to my family, let alone bring them to my house. I don't relate to my family very well either, lots of trauma there.

Yes I've felt not good enough to date someone, everybody does. That said one of the most powerful things I've ever heard was: "the difference between the people who have love and belonging and those who don't is that the people who have love and belonging in their lives BELIEVE they are WORTHY of love and belonging." We all feel down and unworthy in our lives but to love and be loved, even datingwise, we need to believe that we're worthy of being loved.

• lately I went home with the guy I like and have liked for three years we have been on and off..he took me home with him I met his mom etc but I felt I wasn't good enough cause his home was so perfect and I don't live as perfect as him..but he tells me he wants to move out so I don't know if his life is that perfect.. I don't know I felt I'm not good enough to be with him

• Don't think that way! You can't base how worthy you are of being with a person based on their life. It's who they are that matters. Like you said, he seemed like hewanted to leave his current life behind. I live in a fancy house, drive a nice car, my parents are really cool. From the outside it seems like a great family but close the door and you'll realize how messed up my family is and how horrible it is living with them. Don't judge your worth on a life that you don't even know very well.

• All that matters is you be yourself as best as you can. If you do that, you're good enough to be with anybody.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Eh , I've never felt that way. I don't see why you have to be ashamed/embarrassed of your family. It's where you came from so you should be proud of that. You shouldn't feel lower than someone just because they come from a well off family. Just be proud of who you are.

• Not really an issue for me since most of my family isn't an active part of my life.