How important are looks for choosing a partner?

Does it really matter how attractive the other person?

I was just wondering if anyone would date out if their league?

Are ugly people only allowed to date ugly people? While only hot people can date other hot people?

I work across the street from this guy who's so cute. he's tall, tan and muscular. He sort of looks like taylor lautner. ha ha :D well, my sister said he is way too hot for me and he's out of my league. And she's right. The more I see him,. the more discouraged I get. He really is too hot for me. Well I'm not hideous. I get told I'm pretty all the time and that I have a pretty smile and all. And people say I'm adorable. I guess I have that innocent look. but I'm big. . I'm heavier than curvy, so I'm not curvy. But I'm short. I have an awesome person ask personality though. And I'm super nice. But yeah. I don't think id be attractive enough for him.. he's way out of my league.

Anyway, do you guys (guys and girls) think no one should date out of their league? Should ugly date ugly and hot date hot? Have you seen it happen before?

Feel free to express your opinions. Go anon. If you want :D

Most Helpful Guy

• crazy stuff happens in real life. people who you think probably aren't super attractive still end up with hotties. it doesn't happen a ton but if you have the guts it's still worth taking the chance. if you don't try, then it's positive you'll never get him. and if he doesn't like you and you don't end up together, the outcome ended up the same anyways. but there's still that chance that there will be something he finds sexy about you that makes him attracted to you as well.

What Guys Said 4

• For me its pretty important.

• It is very important, there can be nothing else apart from being just friends if there's no attraction.

• super important

• on a scale 1-10

8-9

What Girls Said 3

• sciences says that you're attracted to persons who resemble yourself... and I guess that's true a lot of times. Many couples I know are very much alike physical. You knwo the super fit are with the super fit and so on...

But I also know a few couples where this doesn't fit.

For me attractiveness has a lot to do with character. I've been with guys who's looks were great, but they just don't attracted me enough emotionally. A guy can be hot as hell, if his character isn't what I'm looking for I'm just not interested.

But at the same time I have to say...looks are what you see first. It's the first thing that makes you look twice. So there has to be some basic physically attraction, that's the simple true.

But you can do a lot with confidence, charisma and your personality. You know one of my friends is a big girl too. She always was. But she is so damn pretty, she really has a beautiful face, knows how to dress and she is an awsome person. Pretty outgoing and confident. And I can tell you she always has some amazingly hot guy. Most of the time they are big and muscular athletes... we are always joking that I have NO idea how she does it... ;)

• What you're sister said is wrong! No one is better than anyone, don't listen to this pathetic stereotype of "perfect" people being with "perfect" people because really and truly we are all beautiful in different ways. You should of approached him and see what he was like, no harm in trying? Anyway beauty is in the eye of beholder, simple as that

• Looks are definitely important BUT I'm sure you know the cliche saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder blah blah". I say this because I personally think good looks are important in guys but on the other hand, sometimes I am inexplicably attracted to people that no one else thinks is hot but there's still something about them physically that I still find attractive or somehow their looks are still endearing. Now, I think that's also where stuff like chemistry and personality comes in and that's enough to overcome looks for me, by far. So don't concentrate on how you look physically or if your sister thinks he's out of your league, instead focus on him getting to know your awesome personality and have some confidence-- that's what's truly attractive.