Internet friendship - if you have girlfriend and wife does it count as cheating?

if you have gf/wife

and somehow you met someone online - and you know what you are doing - I mean you know you have gf/wife, but you talking to a girl which is kinda attractive, and you constantly talk to her - nothing really flirty, but sometimes, maybe once awhile -

but the other party didn't know you are in a relationship or married

does it kind of count as cheating? - maybe emotionally?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really think so... if the girl wasn't online what would be the difference? The guy would hang out with her, go to social events, talk with each other about whatever.

So far it just sounds like a friendship to me.

Also, wouldn't you want your guy to have a friend that's a girl to talk with whenever he needs advise about you, instead of going to a guy?

If there isn't any cuddling, kissing, sex, showing of body parts or anything like that, and he isn't like, showering her in gifts or anything, then how is she different from just being a friend. and being an online friend, one you know he can't physically do anything with.

What Guys Said 4

• i don't think it's automatically cheating. are you talking to her because she gives you a different female view and maybe she helps you when you have relationship probs? or maybe you just like talking. if you aren't flirting and it's clear nobody is trying to hookup with each other then I don't see how it's any different from a guy having chick friends outside of his girlfriend.

• cheating is anything you wouldn't do if your significant other was right there

• It can be emotional cheating, but at the same time, it can be just friendship.

• yes

What Girls Said 2

• You can say it's this and you can say it's that, but only you really know what you're feeling inside. Ask yourself these two questions:

1. How would it make me feel if my wife/GF had a similar relationship with another man?

2. Would I have these conversations with this female, right in front of my wife?

If it would hurt/bother you if she was doing this, then you know it's not acceptable. If you wouldn't carry on this way in front of your SO, then you know it's not acceptable.

• It would all be okay... except, why hiding from the other party that you're in a relationship? And would knowing that you are in a relationship change the other party's motivations to talk to you? What do you want to get from this internet friendship? Just friendship? Tell them you're in a relationships. But since there has been some flirting... I know where we're going, and eventually yes, it is emotional cheating,... also consdiered as "not being honest with people".