Decode the guy speak?

One of my guys friends is always so weird in texts. He always calls me girl and tells me to holla at him/my boy later. He doesn't do this in person so what gives?

Most Helpful Girl

• Im going to go against what others are saying here...first off...you said he is a guy FRIEND.Some people have a slang way of speaking and it means absolutely NOTHING.I don't believe there is much, if anything to decode here.The two of you are just friends and so he is comfortable using slang...thats IT. I don't think he is a douchebag or any other negative thing.

• Well thank you like I said I was just wondering if it was some weird way of flirting since he just started recently. Kinda like pulling your hair you know.

• Ha,i hear ya. I had a guy friend speak to me the same way. Didn't really jar me though...someone else calls me "dude"...im cool with it though.hehe :)

What Guys Said 3

• He's probably just kidding around. I say bro all the time to my friends in texts, or I'll say other things (most of which cannot be repeated on this site) that I would never say in person.

• No clue, but if you want to know what it means, he means he wants you to keep talking to him. Possibly that he thinks you're hot. Oh and for sure he's a douchebag. Clearly.

• He's actually the opposite. Like for real he gave up everything to take care of his kid when the mom said she wanted nothing to do with it anymore. As in he solely supports her and doesn't date and/or hang out with friends that much because he doesn't want to miss any time with her.

• I meant know offense. And yeah, you do ask questions on this site. I'm merely suggesting that if you really wanted an answer to this, you're probably much better off getting an answer out of him than any of us.

• meant no offense*

• Is he a black inner city teenager?

• Nope

• I wouldn't associate with someone who communicates on that level. It's nothing personal, I just don't see him having any deep thoughts on any of my favorite conversational topics.

What Girls Said 4

• Probably just switching up phrases. Saying hello and goodbye the same way every time can be boring.

• Watch the show guy code on mtv it might help

• He feels more 'cool' or confident through text

• Everyone is different its like through the internet