Would you date a religious girl?

I.m christian and I am saving myself for marriage. I know its not really common to do that anymore, but I want to be a virgin on my wedding night and only be with my husband. So guys, would you date/marry a religious girl with these views if it meant you had to wait for all the sexual stuff?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to drop you this gem of advice that a Christian friend's parents shared with her.

Make sure you are physically compatible with the man before you marry him. That doesn't mean you need to have sex, just make sure in your own way that there is the physical chemistry there, because otherwise, you'll both be miserable as hell.

Sex is an important part of relationships - it's not just about making babies.

And, yes, there are guys out there who have the same values and views that you do, even if it isn't based upon religion. Don't let anyone rush you, don't let anyone push you. Your values are yours, they are not unreasonable, you have a right to have them, and you have the right to expect someone to respect you and your values if he wants to be in a relationship with you.

Personally, I never wanted to wait that long, but I'm definitely glad I waited until I found someone who 1) truly cares about me and 2) knows what he's doing.

What Guys Said 17

• Of course I would, I'd have a great deal of respect for her. Realistically it's less likely the guy you end up with will care that you are saying yourself and also that you are religious unless he is also so I think if that's the type of future partner you hope to end up with then their view should be most important to you.

I am catholic and only care top may someone of Catholicism or some type of Christian because we would have similar views . If she was prone of these then I would have no problem waiting becausethefoundation of our relationship will not be based on sex. However I think since its a strong commitment, sex should be talked about before marriage

• I totally agree with you! I still agree that sex is still a SUPER important part of marriage and I want it to be, I just want to wait and only be with my husband! I will deffinitly talk about everything pertaning to that suject before we even get engaged. thanks

• your so sweet thanks!

• :P your welcome

• Yes. I believe the same way.

• Nah... Not to say I wouldn't respect their choice. It's just that beliefs probably wouldn't end up meshing... We wouldn't be compatible...

• To date a religious girl?

She probably wouldn't really like my non-religiosity and I couldn't help but to think that's she's... kinda dumb for believing such fairy-tales.

Waiting for marriage sounds like it's about 'commitment', 'love' or something like that, but in reality it's the worst what anyone can do.

What you gonna do when you realize that sex was terrible in your wedding night? And especially if one of you won't gonna want to do it again but the other one will? Divorce? Please!

So the answer is no.

• A girl (or a guy) can want to wait for marriage for many reasons, including religious ones.

I felt it was important to wait for love, not necessarily for marriage, but if I loved someone, I would certainly respect their wishes and wait for them... of course, it might mean I would want to get married a little more quickly... ;)

So the answer is yes, absolutely. If a guy won't respect your very reasonable wishes, he isn't the right one for you.

• would I? hell yes ! I'm religious myself I'm trying to save myself for my wife

p.s could you guys check out my question and give me your HONEST thoughts thanks

• From my experience, most girls can be persuaded to change that "wanting to wait for marriage" thing, so I might be inclined to date her if and only the possibility of being sexually active is a likely one. I'm not a pervert or anything, but sexual intimacy is important to me. However, the severe difference in ideology is most likely what would lead to a rift within the relationship. If I did date such a woman, I do not foresee meshing too well and would eventually break up.

• Probably not. The reason is that sex is going to become an integral part of your relationship with your future husband or wife. The problem with not having sex before marriage is that you have no idea how to manage a relationship with a sexual component. No matter what anyone says sex does change a relationship. By not having sex prior to marriage you will have no idea how to manage a relationship where sex is involved. If you do not want to have sex before marriage I can understand where you are coming from. However, you wouldn't try to run a marathon without training beforehand.

• How do we define "religious"? Every female I have ever had was either Christian..or non-practicing Christian...Do you believe in the Ten Commandments? Or do you witness in public? (Public defined as Downtown rather than in front of a congregation)..There is nothing wrong with being a Christian..after all...I was raised in the First Christian Church (mainstream protestant)...I would be OK with my children being raised as Christians...as long as that Church was not radical...but...wait until marriage? eh...How would we know that we were sexually compatible?

• There are guys out there that have similar values and beliefs as you, I'm not one of them. I am very atheist and do not have a lot of patience for religious decisions affecting my life. This isn't to say that no sex would be the only thing, I'm willing to wait quite a while for a girl to be ready. The reasoning behind it would lead to a lot of other disagreements though.

I'm not trying to be condescending or anything just giving my honest opinion.

• Easy answer. Nope.

• Yeah. I would date her.

• Nope, I believe in knowing you're a good match with a person, both mentally and physically, before you marry them. But then again, I'm agnostic with a decent amount of dislike for organized religion so you probably wouldn't date me either.

• Not me.

• would I? nope. our views wouldn't align together enough

• Why not,if they have decided to marry in near future

• I am not religious, so if that is a problem for her, it probably won't work out. However, I do believe in waiting until you genuinely like your partner before having sex. I never planned on wait until marriage, but if I like the girl and that's what she wanted to do, I would do it for her.

What Girls Said 5

• make sure you marry a virgin too. that way it will be special for the both of you :)

• Im not religious at all, but I still want to wait for marriage because of my own desire to be intimate with one person. And instead of saying marriage, I'm waiting for the man that I will spend my life with, I feel he is the only one who deserves to take my virginity.

• What does religion have to do with waiting?

There are non - religious people who wait lol. I don't see what the huge deal is - I mean, it's nice to have fallen in love...but marriages don't solidify love.

So you get married and you give your virginity to this guy. Then you guys divorce a couple years later.

Was it really love then?

All I'm saying is that marriage is but a paper and a metal ring, held together by love. And if there is no love, then there is no marriage.

A virgin girl who saves herself for marriage, is no different than a girl who falls in love with a guy and sleeps with him without marriage.

Hell there are non - married couples who've outlasted several people's marriages so.

Idk.

As long as your not bouncing on every d*** on your block - I don't understand why people think it's so special to wait for marriage.

Marriages don't = permanent love.

It's but a risk on a prayer of hope.

Like everything else.

• I am a virgin, am waiting for marriage, and wish for a virgin man, whenever I feel right to marry.

While we're a dying breed, that does not make our beliefs wrong or illegitimate.

• yeah they would be with you, but most likely will turn to another girl for the sexual release men need sex and you have no right denying them of that

• she has every right, its her body

• It's really sad that you think that way. Not as in "pathetic" just... sad. Guys aren't like that. They don't need sex, there's a thing called self restraint that all people have and just because they're men and it's sex doesn't mean it doesn't apply.

Also you have every right to say no. It is your body. It is your life. You are allowed to do with it what you will. That's a really demeaning way of thinking, for both guys and girls.

I hope you were just trying to get guys to like this answer.

• its the way of life