How many dates before you kiss?

If you're looking for a relationship with someone and you're taking things kind of slowly...approximately how many dates is appropriate before you kiss?

Would you kiss on the first date?

Would you want to wait until the 3rd or 4th or maybe even longer?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1st date - no kissing.

2nd date- light peck on the cheek at the end of the night.

3rd date- 5 second light kiss on their lips.

by then, I would go with whatever pace she desires.

• BA! The only thing I'd chance is in the 3rd date, unless your last statement was included as part of that. I think that on the 3rd date, if both people are comfortable and some feeling or chemistry is there, then the kiss on the lips is appropriate. But everyone's pace is different. I just think this is what mine might be like.

• definitely give this guy the BA

• please don't lol

What Girls Said 11

• Phoenix1991 hit it on the head, I think. When you first go out with a person, you're just getting to know them as a person and don't know how much of a future you'll want with them romantically. That being said, I don't think a kiss should happen on the first couple of dates, aside from a peck on the cheek. The cheek kiss can be used for anyone, from your friend to your grandma. Until you think you may actually want to start a relationship with that person/date them exclusively, there shouldn't be any kissing, unless it's the friendly peck on the cheek. People rush too much with kissing, like they think it has to be done. Chances are that if you do it too soon, at least one person there isn't completely comfortable with it. This is only my idea of how kissing should happen. In reality, people are in too much of a hurry and rush such physical things.

• Great answer and sorry Jenna Jamison must of stopped by to thumbs down you-(I will +1 you)

• Thanks. :) I don't know why my answer is so bad that people had to disagree with it, but oh well.

• depends on how long youve known them beforehand and how well the date went and how attratced you are to each other.

me & my boyfriend kissed on the first date, we had been talking for several months before that and our first date was amazing (lots of laughter & chemistry) and we've been together over a year now.

but to be a gentleman, kiss on the 2nd date. if its longer then that she may think your uninterested.

talkign about it and being in the heat of the moment are two different situations tho.

but good luck! :)

• I've only kissed two people.

One, I was trying to get over my ex and I worked with him. Really regret it. So date 1?

My ex, it was the second time we ever met haha.

*feels like a slag* promise I'm not a whore, I just love my ex and the other guy I was thinking stupidly.

• ive only been in a relationship with one guy before (3 yrs) and I kissed on our first date. I don't know if I would do it again, it would all depend on how strong my feelings were and how comfortable I felt.

• I normally wait until the 3rd date before I actually kiss someone

The first is the "get to know the person" date. This way, I can decide if I want to take a second date or not. If I kiss on the first date & I'm not interested, it sends the wrong message.

• If there is a strong attraction to each other then first date is fine. Now if go on the date with a dude two times and he never kiss me then I don't think he is attract to me.

• there isn't a set date or time period its the mood and the atmosphere that make the moment for me. In that second it just feels right... so I guess I just wait til I feel comfortable with him, however long or short that could take. And then there is that moment when I catch his eye, it goes quiet, and its almost feels like our faces are being pulled together by invisible magnets... and then we kiss :)

• 3 maybe.

• I think depends on both...sometimes people are not looking for the same thing...that's the problem...can be only physical attraction, but you never know! If you are meant to be together, you will be together! :)

• definitely by the second date if not at the end of the first one. I've always wanted that walk up to the door with a guy, end of the first date and you had a really nice time, and he leans in to kiss you leaving you something to think about when you go to bed. Just a short one, but nice none the less. It also tells you if you have chemistry with him, and if he's a good kisser, and will be able to be there physically and mentally on the same page. All important things to find out. If the date goes poorly, no kiss on the first date, and probably no call back. However, if the date is so-so there will either be a hug, or a let's do this again some time, but not kiss.

• When you feel like kissing really, when you have the feelings there. The type of kiss depends on what you think the other is feeling too.

What Guys Said 12

• There should be no predetermined amount of dates that will make it socially acceptable to kiss or not. It is just a matter of how much attraction is there and a little bit of taking a risk. My current girlfriend actually made the first move to kiss me on our first date. Needless to say we were attracted to each other and enjoyed our first date very much..

• I've waited as long as five dates to kiss a girl. Sometimes you just don't know if you like her yet or not. It takes time to determine if there's anything more there than physical attraction. There's no point leading her on to think you fancy her if you're not sure about her personality yet.

• 1st date always the 1st date, unless of course you don't want to go on another date with her. If your younger then 18 I don't know couple of dates I guess, chances are you will see her multiple times in school.

I have always kissed a chick on the first date, and every single time it has gotten me a second date, and even further, the one time I didn't I never got a second date.

• You can start making out in 10 minutes after meeting a girl. There are no dates needed. Usually you want to put in the time (even if she is ready to be kissed) first, if you want a relationship. But don't be dogmatic about it. Forget all that number of dates thing and just gauge her comfort level and go as far as she is comfortable with going.

• First date for sure.

• If you feel it you feel it. If you don't then you don't. If I have a good feeling that I don't want to kiss her there would be no reason for a 2nd date anyway. I usually know the 1st date and will kiss her. Sometimes I like the wait and enjoy drawing it out but rarely would it wait till the 3rd date or further.

• No rule. If you're feeling, do it. But if it feels forced, maybe wait.

• 5th date or longer, I'm not one for kissing but who knows

• Hi I'm a guy and when it comes to kissing her you should beable to tell when she is ready if through the date she is holding your hand well then to me you are in a womans not going to hold your hand and not be intrested that's how I norm know or if she's not playing with her phone the whole time then that might be a good sign that she likes the date if she keeps getting close to you then to me that's a good sign too well those are my thoughts

• wtf? one date man

• Second date on the lips...if she really likes you...it does't matter how shy she is...she will appreciate it.

• It'd take a LOT for me to agree to a 3rd date if there was no kiss in the first 2. And there's no way there'd be a 4th without one.