Is kissing cheating?

I found out that my boyfriend of one year had been kissing another girl. When I confronted him about it he said "Kissing isn't cheating." I broke up with him but I still love him.. Was I wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• A little friendly peck isn't but anything more is just wrong, Breakups are hard but just remember that you have to be let down so many times until you meet the guy who will stick by you, love you and always respect you.

What Guys Said 5

• It is rightly considered cheating.

Of the two cheeks people can kiss, when they choose the lips (yes, even a peck) there's some meaning behind it. Your reaction to your [ex]boyfriend was understandable and he certainly should have known better.

Breaking up immediately is fine but you should have went on a break first to see if he would make the effort to right his wrong. If he doesn't fight for you, that's when you know it wasn't meant to be.

• Kissing is cheating; it involves emotional attachment. It's a demonstration of interest, and informs the person you are kissing, "Hey, I'm into you, and I want you."

• Cheating is not a physical act that is consistent for all relationships. I tend to define it as any physical or emotional act that you would intentionally hide from your partner because of their likely reaction to it. Some relationships are more open ended than others, but the boundaries of the relationship dictate whether a particular act if cheating or not.

• I'm SO glad to see a guy say the cheating can also be an emotional act. If you read my comment below, one thing I didn't mention about the guy I left was he repeatedly hid things from his girlfriend - just to avoid any kind of possible negative reaction from her. Things like me staying there 3-4nights/wk or the fact I made a painting that she ended up taking home because she thought he painted it. The fact is, if there is nothing wrong with your actions, then there's nothing for her to react poorly to.

• I think most cheating is emotional. It happens frequently around the end of a relationship, when someone decides they can no longer confide in their partner and begins looking for outs. This is a deceptive process that most people do. It's human nature though.

• a liplock is.

• Yea of course.

What Girls Said 4

• Men will always make up their own rules to suit their needs. If you consider kissing another girl to be cheating, then yes, it is cheating. All that matters really is how YOU feel about it.

Are you old enough to remember the Friends TV show? The whole Ross & Rachel episode where they went on a "break" and during that time Ross slept with another girl They had a huge fight over it when Rachel learned of the affair. She was hurt because in her mind they were not broken up, just taking a break and therefore him having sex with someone else was cheating. Of course, Ross justified his actions by saying he thought a "break" was a "break up". The way I see it, whether they were on a break or actually broken up it was still wrong of Ross to jump right into bed with someone else since he supposedly was in love with Rachel. When you really love someone, you just shouldn't do such a thing - IMO.

I recently ended a pseudo relationship with a guy because he continued to be so very affectionate with me (hand holding, sleeping in same bed with me, spooning me) even though he recently got a young girlfriend. Not only that, he shared so much more with me emotionally than he ever did with her. To me this was cheating to some degree and I didn't want to be the "other woman" anymore. But of course, he didn't see a single thing wrong with what he was doing. He justified his actions every time to mainly protect his male ego so he could sleep at night. I finally came to the conclusion he didn't have much a of a conscious. I love him to pieces but he isn't right in his mind and there's nothing I can do to change that, so for MY SAKE, I had to get out.

So I think you did the right thing by breaking up with your guy. You HAVE to do right BY YOU first. Kissing is cheating, no matter how you slice it, no matter what he says.

• kissing is def cheating, you def weren't wrong

• Kissing is totally cheating you where right to break up

• ofcourse kissing is cheating.. good that you break up with him.