Never had a girlfriend, is there something wrong with me?

Hi, I'm a 19 year old guy from Finland about to start my studies in a university. I've never had a girlfriend neither have I ever really flirted with a girl ..at least not intentionally. (I don't really know how and even if I knew, I wouldn't have the confidence to act) I've tired to make some kind of first move on 4 girls and all shut me down. There's also been two girls that seemed to like me but I wasn't into them. I don't want a girlfriend just for sake of a girlfriend.

I used to be really shy and I still am. Going to high school helped a little bit. I have friends, go to parties and bars and I'm just more social. Some of my friends are girls so I don't trouble talking to them anymore. It's just talking to them as more than friends what is hard to me.

I've gone so far.. but It feels like nothing's really happened I'm still miserable and alone! I'm trying to act cool and keep the "happy mask" on but it's just getting hard.

I don't really know the reason why finding a girl is so hard for me. I just don't seem to have an instinct to letting myself out there. Last time my friend tried to push me to approach a girl I just froze completely.

I don't concider myself very ugly, average I guess... I'm 6'2, 184lbs and I work out a lot. I also like buying good looking clothes. I think I send out some kind of pathetic/depressed/boring vibe like I can't really keep it in or something.

Now that I'm starting my studies and moving to another city, I'm kind of getting a new start and I wonder if anyone can give me any comments, ideas, advice.. It's just getting harder to believe that I'm gonna find somebody.

Thanks

So is there nothing I can do or try change? Or shouldn't I?

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing wrong with you at all. I would rather find a genuine guy like you in the future than to go with someone who has been with every girl in town. To me it shows that you care less about getting in her pants than you do over finding someone you truly like.

• I wouldn't change, you seem perfectly normal to me... Their are a lot of guys out there like you. If you did want to change though just be friendly but still be yourself. You said you were working on being social which is good. Going to collage will improve that even more. You have your whole life ahead of you I wouldn't try to rush anything. Let things come naturally. You will probably meet girls at college that you like and can find common interest in things in some of you classes.

• Okay! Thanks for the advice :)

• Your welcome :)

• NOthing wrong wiht you, you are young and you'll find somone..don't look just let love find you.

What Guys Said 0