What age would you 'allow' your child (or future child) to date?

What's the minimum ideal age and WHY?

Question too short.

Most Helpful Girl

• 20 I know I'm a little strict, but kids these days are all out of control! And they should not date until they are completely ready, mind and body. Teenagers date too young and their mind don't develop until theyre in their 20s.

What Guys Said 2

• I think 15 would be reasonable although if its a daughter I'd be a little more protective and preferably would not want her dating till at least 18! Although this is slightly unreasonable I guess lol

• When they are mature enough to handle the responsibilities

If I have a boy and he mistreats/disrespects a girl. Oh man his social life is pretty much over.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd be more comfortable with my children dating after they are done with school. With dating comes sex and other issues and I wouldn't want my daughter or son to make mistakes they would later come to regret.

• When ever they want I would feel a bit weird about it if they were under 14 but if you start giving a teen really strict rules they will disobey then just to rebel and then they won't trust you and that is why so many children are totally out of control, I think parents need to understand that teens will do what they want if they really want to unless you chain them to their bed.

• when they know the risk about loving someone.

and they have to be ready about being hurt also, not just the happiness.