Do you think there is a biblical way to date?

I read somewhere that the bible has nothing on actually dating, but how do I go about it in a Christian way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well sure... Though its not dating exactly, but a match made between parents and the suitor based on his status/position in the community and the size of the dowry he'd be able to pay to purchase the daughter upon child bearing age.

So..I guess you can approach your parents about hooking you up and hope that a guy will pay for you...but if you prefer to take a more 21st century approach to Christian dating, take the time to get to know someone you are attracted to, be sure that they share the same values as you do as well have share the same lifestyle and goals...be sure that they treat you with respect and in a way that you feel you deserve, and are able to be a responsible partner in the relationship.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Well I might get some that disagree but I don't care. If you mean who do you date and not be tempted to sin well then you'd want to make sure that when you do out with the other person that it's a group date or if you meet up for dinner you take two cars. You don't want to be in a situation where you can make a decision that can carry consequences, it's not worth it. I know it sounds childish but it's really the only way, it's hard to do what's wrong with others there but it's so much easier when it's just you two alone.

• If you belong to a church, start there, or try going to different churches. Some will have social gatherings and singles nights. You want to make sure you meet guys that have the same values, or at least respect yours. If you are meeting guys elsewhere, be upfront about being a christian and what that means for you - i.e. no sex before marriage, or you won't go beyond kissing. You need to decide what your boundries are, talk to a priest, pastor, minister or someone for help with that if you need it.

Then make sure you stick to it and like someone else said, make sure you stay away from temptation. Group dates are great until you get to know someone and want to spend time alone or be their girlfriend. Ask for afternoon dates if that makes you feel more comfortable. Don't have dates alone at your or his apartment.

• I noticed there are different ways of Christian dating.."courting," if you will...My friends from pentecostal-type churches practice that style. However, I'm from a non-denominational church. First, I wouldn't date a guy I couldn't see myself marrying. Secondly, I'm not a fan of casual dating. Out of respect for my parents, I let them know about who I want to go out with. It keeps the line of communication open and they really appreciate it.

• Sorry--I forgot one more thing..I definitely agree with the others about group dates. It's a good way to get to know each other and friends. If you want to avoid temptation, it really helps to keep your relationship public.