To online date, or not to online date? that is the question.

I've wondered about online dating and whether or not its something I could do. Let me know what you think or about your experiences :D

*let me know your opinions about online dating :)

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience online dating is a better medium for making friends and increasing the circle of people you know. It's better to keep it simple and get to know people and make it clear you aren't looking for anything serious right off the bat because in all reality they're still strangers. I know in past relationships I had known the person from school or work and online dating has taught me just how much I actually knew about guys I went out with without the internet being involved.

With that said I've made a few awesome friends online, initially, but it took many, many months to get to know them ans understand who they really are.

What Guys Said 2

• It can be overwhelming for women because of getting so many messages from guys just saying "Hi" that they give up on it. If you are really looking to meet someone to make a relationship out of it, I would suggest the paid sites to filter out the guys looking for just sex. Online dating does give you a lot of great stories to tell your friends.

• Never done it.

I had no idea anyone was even doing this sort of thing until recently. Kinda surprising how popular its gotten.

I suppose that they can be used as pretty good screening process for dates if you know what you're looking for and the selection is good :-)

What Girls Said 2

• Scary.

• Personally I don't like it and wouldn't consider doing it. I just don't like that other dimension, I'd much rather prefer any serious relationship to start face to face.