What Does Dating Mean?!?

So me and this guy have been talking and he says we're dating but we're not together... what exactly does that mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he wants to keep seeing you but keep his options open.

If you are a keeper it means he doesn't want to lose his freedom,

if you're not a keeper, it means he's stringing you along until he finds a keeper.

Tell him that's cool, you just want to date around too. The reaction he gives will tell you if he wants to be with you or not. If he doesn't care, then just see him when you want, and keep dating around. If he gets jealous then you know he's simply not comfortable committing yet. That's in word only, though. He's basically yours if it bothers him to think of you seeing other guys.

• so am I wasting my time if I do want a committed relationship with him?...

• No, just give it a test, like I suggested, see if he really doesn't mind you dating someone else. Find a nice guy who's maybe a little smarter, or cuter, or has a better car, and go on a date. Then you'll know how he really feels, and who knows, you may like the new guy better. The best thing a girl can do is find a way to make the guy feel like he's going to lose her if he doesn't take that next step. That's why we buy diamond rings.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he has someone else in mind. That or already has them on the side...

• It just means he's allowing you to see other people, and you're allowing him to see other people

What Girls Said 2

• Dating -

-in that stage of getting to know each other.

-aren't offical yet.

-not exclusively seeing each other/ not yet boyfriend/girlfriend.

• It typically refers to two people meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple in order to get to know each other to see if they are compatible as companions, partners or spouses.

The key here is in the "meeting and engaging."