Should I date a girl that has been married and has 2 kids?

I'm 25 and single... I been single all my life I've never dated or kissed a girl in my life because I've always been shy due to my insecurities... I met this girl where I work at and she's super nice to me and seems like she likes me but today she told me she is divorced and has 2 kids...

i like her and would love to get to know her but at the same time I'm scared because I don't make a lot of money in my job and I don't know what she will expect of me and also if I happen to fall in love with her I don't know what will happen and the fact that she is an experienced woman in life and I've never been in love scares me.

Should I go for it?

how should I ask her for her number?

i asked her for her Facebook account but I was too shy to ask her for her number.. -_-;

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm divorced, and have one child. This is purely my own perspective and personal opinion, but when I'm dating, I'm not looking for a guy to take care of my and my child. That's my job. The money he makes isn't important, however his sense of personal responsibility and his goals are. Maybe you're working at McDonald's making minimum wage.. not really an issue to me, but if you're perfectly content to keep working at McDonald's making minimum wage for the rest of your life with no desire to do better for yourself, that's an issue.

I don't expect anything from a guy I've just started to date. Other than to treat me the way he wants me to treat him. It would be a while before my kid even made an appearance in front of him, so those are things that come with time. I know it seems a bit scary if you don't feel like you have much experience as she does when it comes to love, and life, but you'd never know what the outcome is if you keep letting that hold you back, because most girls your age are going to have been in love at least once.

If you're feeling it, go for it. If you're hesitant because of her situation, wait a bit.. see if you become more comfortable. Just ask if you can have her number so you can text her somtime.

• Love your comment it makes a lot of sense... should I just be straight up and ask her for her number? I was gonna ask for it yesterday and freaked out and only asked her for her Facebook and her email now I don't know if I should ask her for her number through email or be a man and ask for it next time I see her? lol

• Yeah.. I'd say just ask straight up, face to face. If she does like you as you say she does, I doubt she will tell you no

What Girls Said 7

• If you fancy her and you wanna go out with her, take things slow because of the kids. If you get to know her and you decide you don't feel anything for her or you're not ready for it, it can be bad for her children if they meet you, get attached to you and you'll leave.

A bit weirdly said, long sentences aren't my speciality today, but you know what I mean.

I'd say: if you like her, ask her out, take things slow, leave her kids out of it for a while until you both know and feel you're ready for something serious.

The fact that she's been married shouldn't be a deal breaker though.

If you see her again, just tell her: "hey, it would be easier if I had your number because Facebook is not really personal, maybe I can give you a call sometime?" Just something like that.

Good luck!

• I'm 30, female, and met the love of my life, Chris, whom is 22, on the job. I had 2 kids when we first met, but it didn't hold him back. I believe you shouldn't look at it like she has 2 kids and is divorced and whatever else you're focusing on that freaks you out. You should be looking at her as the great person she is and make your desicion based on that. Don't be scared to get to know her just because she may have a past because you could be passing up someone that could end up being the best thing that ever happened to you. Look at it like this, she is just a woman and you are a man, so be a man and step up to the challenge. She may be experienced, but you could be bringing something to her plate that she really needs right now, some fun! Trust me, I know! Go ask her for her number and show some confidence when you do. Chris and I have 2 kids of our own now, so, it just goes to show that you never know until you try.

• Chances are, she already does a pretty good job at taking care of her kids and since you're inexperienced, she won't expect the world from you. I think it's worth the shot, just remember her kids come first, so be understanding if she takes her time before introducing you to them and actually considers you her boyfriend.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Heck,I've been married twice AND have four kids. Of course,I'm much older than you(my age on here is wrong. lol)...the guy I've been seeing has no problem with it.

• just do it!

• Personally I think that's a lot of baggage to deal with. Well she obvious will be expecting you to be in the children's life.

• If she cares for you, she won't mind that you're inexperienced. Remember, it will be her first time with you, so it will be new as well.

If she can cope as a single mother at the moment, she can cope with you not earning enough to support them.

I think you should for it. Your question is quite sweet.

If you talk to her frequently at work, I'm assuming you spend lunch with her sometimes. Maybe you could suggest going to a restaurant that you haven't been to. Mention it casually, then ask if she would like to see what it's like as well. If you don't have much time at lunch, you could suggest going on a Saturday instead, and then you would have to have her number.

I'm not sure if that's the best advice though, but it's an idea.

What Guys Said 2

• Whoah.

Well there's 2 prospects here.

1. a relationship

2. parenthood.

You'd need to be in favour of both.

You might also want to determine the circumstances of her past relationship. Like did it end smoothly? Will her ex be visiting sometimes?

• Sounds like your settling.

• settling? lol come on man give me more advice then just 4 words! the chick is really good looking x.x;

• JUst bang her.

• lmao