Why do some guys prefer to text a girl they're interested in instead of just calling her?

Well to make this short, this guy has been talking to me consistently almost every day for already a month just to say "Hey what you doin" or "Morning beautiful" or for whatever reason since he asked me for my number about a month ago. I think he might like me because of the sweet things he has said to me through text and tbh I'm starting to like him too. We Haven't seen each other since then Because I moved schools. But the problem is that he justs texts me... he doesn't really call me at all :(. I'm starting to get annoyed by this even though it feels kinda nice to get texts from him.

I just want to know what the possible reasons are as to why he doesn't call.. Because if he truly did like me he would call me right? And is there any way I can get him to call?

Thx in advance :)

Most Helpful Guy

• With texts, you don't have to reveal your inner emotions and you're not pressured to keep the flow of the conversation going. Guys usually don't like to be all mushy and reveal their feelings. Texting is a way to give hints of interest without embarrassing themselves on a call or in person. You're still in high school and everyone is still growing. Also, girls tend to mature faster than guys. Give it time.

-Jay

• Thank you, & it is true what you said. He finally called me yesterday & even today.. after a long time texting. It turned out that he didn't know that I wanted him to call & that he had limited calls on his old plan.

What Guys Said 4

• Well. Not neccesarily. How often do you call people? Its easier to text and a lot of people prefer that over calling. XD. Anyway, just drop a mention to him sometime, like, hey, you have my number so call me.

• texting to your crush is a wall that keeps your chances of stressing out or blushing because unlike texting you can look back on what you say even while typing the text you can delete some you typed which is unlike speaking " I think you are hot and I like" you can edit that when you say it

• Some guys lack courage and confidence

• It's just more comfortable, Sometimes I'll stutter if I talk to her or makes me blush so texting is easier >.>

What Girls Said 1

• I think he does like you it is just easier to text. He also may not be thinking that you want him to call you so he continues to text since he doesn't know how much it bothers you. Try letting him know you would appreciate a phone call every once in awhile and see if he starts calling. Gl