Do women like anymore when men treat them like...women?

Maybe I just dated "wrong" girls recently but sometimes they looked at me like I was an idiot: when I opened the door, offered my coat, asked if she was fine with place where we drank coffee, etc... I wonder if you girls appreciate it when men treat you like...women or you just don't need this anymore?

Just for the misunderstanding: as I mentioned it in a comment these all happened in certain situations. Like I offered my coat when she was freezing and shaking. Obviously I did offer it for a reason and yet she was like: o.O

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they looked at you funny because they were surprised. Can't remember the last time a guy did any of that for me! It's very touching and I think it will definitely give you the upper hand with ladies. I'm glad guys like this still exist. I think so many guys gave up on chivalry that girls just got accustomed to without it.

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe she's just shocked because she hasn't dated a gentleman. I personally would love it if a guy acted the way you did. But the way society is today, apparently texting someone is a grand gesture! Continue doing what you're doing

• I think it depends on the girl tbh. I guess I am old fashioned, because I love when a guy does those things for me, opening a door, offering a coat, pulling out a chair. It doesn't mean I can't do it myself or I expect it, it shows me he has respect and values. That speaks volumes to me and personally I love a guy like that.

• I love it.

once my ex offered me his coat too (because I had forgot mine) and I didn't accepted because he would be the one getting a cold. so, he was like ''you girls always choose fashion over being warm''

so, yeah, I tried to be a gentle(wo)man in that situation but he didn't quite got it.

• girls tend to like their own mix of things when it comes to chivalry. like I don't really go for the opening the door but an doffer of a coat is awesome..

• I usually just squeeze under doors anyway :p

• yes nice sometimes to be treated like a lady but not all the time. it gets annoying when a guy comstantly offers that stuff. we have hands, feet and a mouth. if we want something we can do it ourselves or speak up

• Actually the situation was like this: a 110 pound girl holding something in her hand and I opened a huge door for her. She looked at me with a kind of weird face. These all come with a story that's why I asked.

• yes it was nice of you to open the door but I'm not sure why should would give you a weird look? that's odd! anyways personally I hate chilvary but there are girls who do. everyone is different :)

• That stuff is fine, but it won't overcompensate for lack of attraction and/or interest. Most women want an equal -- a guy who can be their best friend (with benefits) and not some guy who doesn't really "get" them, but does a bunch of favors for them. People like being understood more than admired ... it makes you feel more comfortable. Someone who only admires you makes you feel like you have to do all of this work to live up to their pedestal, when, really, you don't want to be there to begin with. So, be polite and nice ... but put more effort into making conversation and getting to know her, as well as sharing parts of yourself. Otherwise, you're trying to hard to win interest with favors. Doesn't work.

What Guys Said 0