Guys...at what point do you pay for dinner for two?

Hey I hung out with this really great guy (so far) for a couple of outings. The first outing was a group get together and the 2nd was just a meet up at the sports bar (me and him) to watch a basketball game last night. I was not expecting him to pay because I invited him. A waitress brought over one ticket and he did not pay. He put out the amount he owed. He knows that I am independent but I don't know what he was thinking. I didn't tell him but I never expect a guy to pay unless we are in a relationship. He is a counselor and so far he been on point about how women think (grew up with sisters-only son). But anyway, at what point do you pay for dinner for two? Does it depends on who initiated the get together or does it depend on what kind of get together it was. I didn't feel as if it was a "date date"...we got to know a little more about each other and so far I like him. We just met up at a sports bar. I have always had guys who paid for me and I tried to tell him not too but learned it is disrespectful. He was different and I thought maybe he is not interested lol...but at the end he said he had fun and want to do it again sometime. Maybe he believes what I believe in...will not pay until we are or if we get serious but I am curious at what other guys have to say about it...What do you think? When would you pay? And another thing...what does "sometime" really mean? Does that mean looking forward to it again? What is your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always make it a point during the invite. If I say Let's go get some dinner, then we're going dutch. If I say "I'd like to take you to dinner" then I'm paying. I might even put "my treat" on the end of the invite, just to make sure there's no confusion.

What Guys Said 4

• For the most part, in this respect, I'm pretty old school. If its a date the guy pays. However, I've seen that as a relationship progresses, sometimes the girl wants to be the one to treat the guy and make him feel good. There, I won't say no, but I pay about 98% of the time and most certainly on the first few dates.

-Jay

• The only times I pay is if it's a date, I'm taking someone out for a birthday dinner, I owe them dinner, or there is some kind of celebration.

If this guy is paying, I'd assume he wants something more than friendship. But that's just my opinion.

• If I ask you out, I pay

If you ask me out, I pay half

If we're together, I always pay

• anytime

What Girls Said 0