WHY do you date (or want to date)?

This is a serious question here, that a lot of people don't ask themselves...and you wonder why people have such problems in dating. :-X

Honestly answering this ? would help people immensely in this minefield known as "dating".

Please vote and reply, stating why you made the choice that you made the choice that you made (current circumstances, past experiences, etc).

P.S. I know these can overlap sometimes so please vote on which one you think is the most dominant for you.

• To have a short-term partner (summer fling, short-term living quarters, etc.)
  • To get myself "involved" in an area socially
  • To look for a long-term partner or husband/wife
  • Im dating primarily to find a sexual partner(s)
  • I "serial date" because frankly I don't know what I want yet

Most Helpful Girl

• To find a long term partner that could possibly lead to husband material if it all goes well for a few years.

What Girls Said 9

• I date primarily for a future long term relationship, but I haven't really had a long term relationship...so its also to find what I really want in life,a future partner.

• For experience and fun. I am not ready for a relationship..so I might as well enjoy myself.

• This is a serious answer here :)

link

• I voted 'C'. If I couldn't see myself marrying someone I wouldn't wanna date them. I just don't wanna date a bunch of random guys, if I only dated one guy and he became my husband, I'd be happy with that.(I know that is probably unrealistic, but I know some people who have done it.)

• To get myself involved in an area socially, it's also a good training wheel in search of a long-term/ marriage relationship material .

• long term.. find my eventual husband.. I take dating dang seriously haha..

• I date because I want a husband eventually.

• To find a long term partner

• I am ready to start my family.

What Guys Said 3

• You forgot one option and that is loneliness. Humans are social creatures; thus, we need and depend on one another. Even though many of us strive to be independent, it's really difficult to travel on this journey called life by yourself. We seek comfort and support during our darkest times. That's where a great relationship is applicable. That significant other provides that support. More importantly, family members will eventually die, and family members don't live with you, or at least, they're not supposed to live with you for a majority of your life. During those lonely moments, i.e at night, a significant other makes it less lonely. They also provide you warmth and intimacy. They sometimes give you purpose to your life, and it allows you to grow because you're not focused on yourself all of the time. It teaches you how to give as well as receive. Setting the emotions aside, we seek partners because we've been programmed to reproduce.

• lonelines can be included in "B"...cauz if you're lonely, you're not fully immersed socially where you live. :-P

• I said dating to find a serious relationship, but that's only because I already found one and it was dating that led me there and that's what I was looking for in the first place.

• I want a long term partner, all I ever wanted.