I'm not good with words especially on the phone I just don't know what to say.

i feel super sick and plan on calling off in the morning, I will have to leave a message

what exactly do I say, its not a fancy/professional job but I still don't want to sound stupid

Most Helpful Girl

• You're calling in sick. Relax, you're not sitting in front of your supervisor explaining why you embezzled or what you got caught with on your drug test.

"Hello, this is [Your Name]. I'm calling to let you know that I need to take a sick day tomorrow. I am not feeling well at all tonight, and thought I should give some prior notice. I will call again tomorrow with an update."

I don't know what the policy is at your workplace, but I have to call in at least two hours before I start shift so they can get a substitute. Don't forget to follow through tomorrow and let your employer know if you'll be well enough to return for your next day of work or not.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• "Hi ____, this is _____. I'm going to have to call off today, my head/stomach/throat/whatever is killing me and I just don't think I'd be at my best today. Sorry about the short notice, I thought for sure it would get better over the weekend. See you ______! Bye."

• "hi this is ___, I'm calling to let you know that I am not feeling well and will not be able to come to work in the morning. if I feel better in the morning and am able to work I will call and let you know, however, I do not think I will be able to. thank you."

if you don't think you will make it in the next day too, make sure to mention it.