Guys: why do you waste your time asking for a number?

Why do you waste your time asking a girl 4 a phone number when you never intend to call in the first place and I don't included when your drunk as a answer

Thanks guys all of your answers are very helpful I've known this guy 4 years because we work together but resently he asked 4 my number and then never called

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, usually we do call. Even when we don't we usually intend to. Sometimes we get busy, or a girl who is higher up on our wish list picks up when we call so we become busy. In rare instances we get the number for practice so we're better at it in the future when we run into other girls.

What Guys Said 7

• I do call people, other wise I wouldn't ask. Then again I genuinely give a sh*t,and try to know someone, while someone else is just filling up their black book to shove down someone elses throat and having extreme arrogance in it. Some people in general tend to do it for self esteem reasons, just as they do with flirting etc. Some do it without knowing consciously,second nature.

• This is going to sound kind of sh*tty, but part of the appeal of getting your number is that it validates our attractiveness and flirting skills as men. That's why we'll ask you for it even if we don't plan on calling. Most girls don't just hand their number out to anyone, so if we can get it from you it's sort of a trophy for us and helps build our confidence for approaching girls in the future.

• I've never asked a girl for her phone number, actually.

I'd imagine guys who do this gather many numbers and then call the most promising. If it happens to you, be grateful that he thought someone else was more promiscuous than you, I guess?

• Cuz it makes us feel victorious that we got a random girls number.

Idk about not calling though that's kinda stupid. If I ask for that persons number I am gonna call and find out about that person, that's the fun part for me.

• A dare or the challenge to see if I can capture the digits & brag to my buddies.

• I've rarely gotten numbers, and called when I got them. That was a long time ago though!

• Sometimes you're having a competition with your mates, to see how many numbers you can get in a night.

Games like that might be cruel to girls, but they are an excellent way for guys to work on their pick up skills. We thrive on competition. And if you've approached 20 girls in one night because you're in a contest, well that's 20 times more practice than the average guy gets in one night.

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys do it to compete with their friends like saying 'let's see who can get more ph. #'s.'