Do you think its hard for "out of shape" to date in shape people?

Its something I never really thought about till someone brought it up and it got me thinking. My friend who is a little on the heavy side is dating a slim/athletic guy, the guy seems like a good guy, but she claims its not easy, (Additional pressure, etc.).

My question is more for the people who are on the "heavy side", do you feel pressured to date people who are physically in shape?

• Yeah it is.
  • No, its all in their heads
  • Racoons are the ninjas of the animal kingdom.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very hard because girls have this very strange complex about them where they hold guys to standards "equal or greater" to their own.

For example, a girl wants a guy at least as tall or taller than her. Never shorter.

A girl wants a guy who has at least her level of education or greater. Never less.

A girl wants a guy who makes at least as much money as her, if not more. Never poorer.

So you can apply the same scheme of bullsh*t to girls dating guys who are in less physical shape than they are. If they are health freaks, they want a jock. No beer guts.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm a thick/ curvy girl - typical Hispanic body type and my boyfriend is in shape skinny but muscular. At first I was kinda nervous but he tells me all the time he loves everything about my body. He loves nicki minaj and is obsessed with that song "Ass" by big Sean. He makes me feel beautiful and I love my body. But I've never really had trouble getting dates or boyfriends and all of my boyfriends have been in shape and sexy. I just think every girl has there insecurities but we all just need to listen to the men in our lives and trust that we are ALL beautiful. :)

• People tend to date those with similar body types, however, people date out of their body types all the time.

I know some girls who love big guys- not just muscled guys, but big teddy bear types.

I know plenty of men who date softer girls.

Its hard to say who is more forgiving of body types. I know more men have a broader interest of women and different body types.

Women aren't as broad in their physical interests but have been known to make exceptions haha.

• I think in shape people tend to have lifestyle and diet habits which most out of shape people don't have, whether skinny or fat. Most skinny and fat people eat terribly and can't even walk up a flight of stairs without almost dying, so, I think that says enough versus the person who can probably walk up flights and flights of stairs without problems.

Personally, I think I inspired the getting in shape for my group of friends, but they truly helped continue it.

I definitely can see problems arising if someone tries to stand in the way of me exercising or eating healthy and taking my supplements. I wouldn't push my eating habits on a partner, but I certainly am not going to change mine so someone else can justify their laziness. Mind you, I don't always eat like a health freak and I have days where I can eat like crap and not regret it, but they're far and few in between

• well,i'm not very heavy but a little.before I dated with my boyfriend I did have pressure but after I knew he didn't mind I relaxed.so don't worry there IS always a guy that doesn't mind your weight.

• My boyfriend and I are both in good shape. I'm in worse shape than he is, but we're still in the same bracket. My boyfriend is on a swim team and swims at least 3 hours a day and I just work out on my own (jogs, sit-ups..etc.) I'm majoring in Criminal Justice, so I have to be in good shape. I know I'm not attracted to those not in the same physical group as me...not because of their physical appearance, but just because I know we won't have the same active lifestyle and I can't have them slowing me down...does that make sense?

What Guys Said 3

• I love Racoons :D

and tbh? Seems it. Especially with how shallow our society is.

• Im at the point I wouldn't date anyone that doesn't at least try to take care of themselves

• I usally date somone who is fatter than me, they usally more fun.They always fatten me up because I'm too skinny and it is so much fun! when I go out with skinny people they become chubby like me very fast!