Why do some girls like bad boys, can any girls tell me?

I have a beautiful and intelligent friend who is always very kind to me and sacrifices so much for me and she dates the worst guys imaginable. They are all lazy, selfish, racist, disrespectful losers. Her last boyfriend stole cars for a living and her current boyfriend is a high school drop out who doesn't care about anybody other than himself. Her current boyfriend used to pursue me online and I thought he was the most annoying person ever because he would say hi to me about 16 times a day but never have anything to say other than "I'm bored."

Most Helpful Guy

• While bad-boy theory still holds up, I might add that people who are used to abuse will crave it. I call it "uncomfortably comfortable." They may not really like it, but it feels normal. The fear of the unknown is not just an intellectual concept reserved for people who hate new technologies, but something deeper within our species that drives us to even live miserably if misery is what we are familiar with. If she was raised to be honored and respected by men, she won't want any other kind.

All men have a touch of bad in them anyway...

What Guys Said 8

• Refreshing to see a woman asking this question/saying it how it is... we good guys don't get it either.

• You tell me? I mean us Nice guys? Since your a female you should know the answer not us. I've been trying to figure that out for years. Seems like no matter how nice or how much respect a guy give a woman she's, bound to be with a jerk. And the one thing that pisses a lot of guys off (nice guys) is the fact women will always try to hide the fact its not true, which in fact its true. Of course some here will argue and complain I'm not making sense and I'm ranting. But at the end of the day they know I'm 100% right just can't admit it because women can never be wrong.

• women still want the alpha but don't understand when young the brut is no longer the alpha male in modern society these women typically end up single moms

• He's alpha relative to 18 year olds who are meek students. He has a certain amount of visceral power and can threaten people.

He does not have much power compared to successful men in their late 20's, which is why a lot of women magically grow up and move on from bad boys when the non-bad boys start pulling in the money.

• They're both equally bad, dudeman

• I don't think so don because he's using her temporaraly

• Its the law of the jungle

• There a few women who like guys who do and have done illegal/immoral things, but id say there in the minority. Honestly, you say your friend is 'intelligent', but your also her friend... I think women who date those select few guys are dumb themselves so really don't care about it. Its not like this is an issue giving me less chances with the women I want to be with.

• damn why are you friends with her? criminals can get you in trouble too

• Because it's a "challenge," apparently.

• They like drama. They hate boredom. These a**hole bad boys make life interesting in a way that mere soap operas can never match.

• I must agree with you here.

Those girls who like "bad boy" like the excitement, and find the safe good guys too "boring".

Even if they don't say the above, it's implied in their actions.

Acts speak louder than words.

What Girls Said 3

• Self-esteem issues? I think. I don't know.

• I don't. Those other women can have them

• I don't know o.o