Do guys really still wait a couple days to call or text after what you thought was a good date?

We talked on the phone for 4 hours seriously. Went to the movies same night we were early so we went and had a beer first. After the date we lingered in front of my house for awhile. I told him when he gets home safe to text me...and he did I texted him the next day to let him know Had a great time he texted back that he did too. No what?

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like things are going well. personally I'd just call him or text him soon and ask to meet him again. I do feel worry in these types of situations about seeming too eager, but I've found I just feel better being true to myself and going for something if I want it.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say wait a day or so and if you don't hear anything back text him one last time to see if he wants to go out again. Some guys try to play it cool and don't want to come off as desperate so they wait. There's also the possibility that he's just dating women in general and then deciding who to pursue. And of course there are also the guys that go out looking for a one night stand and when they don't get it they move on. Hopefully he gets back to you soon. Good luck!

• I always found those "rules" to be stupid. I'll call whenever I feel that the time is appropriate. I don't have any set guidelines.

• Not seeing that guy anymore but I o agree why should we play games if you want something I say take a chance and go for it... If the other person likes you and you like the other person dive right in but be careful.

• no that rule is kinda dumb

What Girls Said 2

• Wait until he texts you back asking you out again

• now wait for him to make the next move. some guys wait a few days but if more than 4 days go by I would just forget it