Am I suffering from unrealistic expectations?

I've been dating this guy for about 6 months. I left him a nice note just saying how much I care about him and that I'm glad that we met. I hid it in his apartment. About 5 days went by he didn't mention it so I basically had to drop really strong hints for him to look there. So he finally found it and he was just like "I'm glad I met you too." Idk. I just thought he would have more to say. I'm really hurt:(

What Guys Said 1

• It's hard to tell what the deal is. There is a possibility that he really doesn't care about you or feel strongly about the relationship you both have. You said that you both are "dating"? Have you made it clear that you are both in a committed relationship yet? What are you hoping for?

• No we are not official yet. We have been taking things pretty slow. I was hoping to start progressing things.

What Girls Said 1

• He's just not that into you. I'm sorry.