Are you more of a short-term dater or long-term dater?

By short-term I mean a more "go-with-the-flow" attitude kind of person who isn't really focusing on whether it turns into a long-term commitment or not, and just sees where things go.

By long-term I mean you will only date some-one if there is a future in it. Not necessarily marriage, but it has to at least lead somewhere and last for quite an extensive period of time (i.e. a relationship).

• Short-term
  • Long-term
  • Both
  • Neither
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Long term..

I don't want to put myself in a situation with someone if I don't see it going anywhere. I would still like to keep the attraction alive between him and I for a longer time. I rather not enter things for all the wrong reasons and taking feelings/emotions/situations lightly.

The important things about that is he's going to need to come out into the light if he want to have this thing called "trust". Vice versa.

Long term relationship can have a lot of rewarding aspects to it. You get to a higher level of contentment with your partner. In my opinion.

What Girls Said 7

• Same as you, I have long term intentions but I don't push it if in a few months down the line we're already arguing or something. I'm realistic, I'd like long term commitment but sometimes it's just not meant to be and if it goes sour then what can you do.

I will 99% only date someone that I feel I have a potential future with but it's still early days and you can't control what happens.

• Short-term

Because I don't want commitment. Relationships are drama and stress and I am not ready for that sh*t now. At this point I controll what I want..if they f*** up I recycle them and get knew ones. In a relationship you have to fix the problems.

• I too like to see where things go. No harm in giving someone a chance.

However if I absolutely know I'm wasting my time (the guy just want in my pants or wallet), then I can't be bothered.

That's not a relationship, that's just pointless lol.

But yeah, I kinda have a "let's see" attitude.

• I like long turn dating most people disagree with me but I'm looking for someone who I can love and spend the rest of my life with not a fling I'm past the fling stage of my life now.

• After the second month, if things go well, and there's intimacy I want to be making plans with a man. If not, then it dwells down. So I guess if it's good then I want my guy to be mine!

• i prefer long-term dating

• Go with the flow.

What Guys Said 0